Anyone still with Onetel?

Old January 27th 08, 04:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mikes

Default Anyone still with Onetel?

I'm getting 'advice' from Onetel to move over to TalkTalk. Onetel were taken
over by TalkTalk a couple of years ago. Judging from TalkTalk's reputation I
don't really want to do this.

It seems that Onetel wont ever offer more than their 2 Mb service, even
though other providers (including TakTalk) offer 'up to 8 Mb' from my local
exchange (Cranleigh). LLU seems a long way off.

The Onetel service is cheap and reliable (12.99 a month (including free UK
calls)) but it seems like it's going nowhere.

Any advice?

Old January 27th 08, 04:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

mikes wrote:
I'm getting 'advice' from Onetel to move over to TalkTalk. Onetel
were taken over by TalkTalk a couple of years ago. Judging from
TalkTalk's reputation I don't really want to do this.

It seems that Onetel wont ever offer more than their 2 Mb service,
even though other providers (including TakTalk) offer 'up to 8 Mb'
from my local exchange (Cranleigh). LLU seems a long way off.

The Onetel service is cheap and reliable (12.99 a month (including free
UK calls)) but it seems like it's going nowhere.

Talk-Talk up to 8MB seems to be capped at 2MB on exchanges that are not
unbundled. Their tech support is dreadful.

Peter Crosland

Old January 27th 08, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Wolstenholme

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 16:17:43 -0000, "mikes"
wrote:

I'm getting 'advice' from Onetel to move over to TalkTalk. Onetel were taken
over by TalkTalk a couple of years ago. Judging from TalkTalk's reputation I
don't really want to do this.

It seems that Onetel wont ever offer more than their 2 Mb service, even
though other providers (including TakTalk) offer 'up to 8 Mb' from my local
exchange (Cranleigh). LLU seems a long way off.

My neighbour fell for the TalkTalk recommendation and moved from
Onetel. The 'up to 8 Mb' connection usually runs at below the speed he
was getting with 2Mb Onetel. He is currently trying to escape from
TalkTalk but even that is proving difficult.

Steve