Linksys 3102 and Sipgate.

Old January 30th 08, 05:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

Default Linksys 3102 and Sipgate.

Is it possible to set Sipgate up as a gateway for only dialing out or do you
have to register Sipgate as the Line1 account. I have tried this and I can't
get it to work sipgate although it works fine for voipcheap.

Additionally is it possible to use the (unused) PSTN line to register with a
second SIP provider.

Old January 30th 08, 06:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike Sun

"Nick" wrote in message
Is it possible to set Sipgate up as a gateway for only dialing out or do
you have to register Sipgate as the Line1 account. I have tried this and I
can't get it to work sipgate although it works fine for voipcheap.

Additionally is it possible to use the (unused) PSTN line to register with
a second SIP provider.

Yes it is possible - just make sure you use the syntax e.g.
under say Gateway 1 on the "Line 1" tab. and e.g.
81nnnn for your GW1 Auth ID:.

Perhaps don't use the PSTN line to register with a second provider; rather
use the Gateway accounts for outgoing and "Line 1" for incoming (and/or
outgoing) SIP provider. You can only have 1 incoming SIP provider monitoring
incoming calls plus of course your PSTN line.

Cheers from Mike

Old January 30th 08, 07:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

on 30/01/2008, Mike Sun supposed :
"Nick" wrote in message
Is it possible to set Sipgate up as a gateway for only dialing out or do
you have to register Sipgate as the Line1 account. I have tried this and I
can't get it to work sipgate although it works fine for voipcheap.

Additionally is it possible to use the (unused) PSTN line to register with
a second SIP provider.

Yes it is possible - just make sure you use the syntax e.g.
under say Gateway 1 on the "Line 1" tab. and e.g. 81nnnn
for your GW1 Auth ID:.

Or in other words, it used to be possible; however, to use Sipgate,
your device must register to Sipgate.

I would love to be corrected.

Old January 30th 08, 08:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike Sun

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..

Or in other words, it used to be possible; however, to use Sipgate, your
device must register to Sipgate.

I would love to be corrected.

Hmm - works for me - i.e. I can dial out via Sipgate on Gateway 1 with
voipcheap.com registered or I can have sipgate registered and dial out with
voipcheap on Gateway 1.

I normally have sipgate registered to allow incoming calls via sipgate as I
have no incoming number for voipcheap.

Old January 30th 08, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Mike Sun was thinking very hard :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..

Or in other words, it used to be possible; however, to use Sipgate, your
device must register to Sipgate.

I would love to be corrected.

Hmm - works for me - i.e. I can dial out via Sipgate on Gateway 1 with
voipcheap.com registered or I can have sipgate registered and dial out with
voipcheap on Gateway 1.

I normally have sipgate registered to allow incoming calls via sipgate as I
have no incoming number for voipcheap.

Could you leave it unregisterd for a while & retry?

I have an SPA1002 with Sipgate on L1 & voip.co.uk on L2. Upto the time
Sipgate "improved" their setup, I could dial using Sipgate from either
Line, now it's only possible on the line registered.

Old January 30th 08, 09:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike Sun

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..

Could you leave it unregisterd for a while & retry?

I have an SPA1002 with Sipgate on L1 & voip.co.uk on L2. Upto the time
Sipgate "improved" their setup, I could dial using Sipgate from either
Line, now it's only possible on the line registered.

How long are you thinking of?

Old January 30th 08, 10:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

"Mike Sun" wrote in message
.uk...

"Nick" wrote in message
Is it possible to set Sipgate up as a gateway for only dialing out or do
you have to register Sipgate as the Line1 account. I have tried this and
I can't get it to work sipgate although it works fine for voipcheap.

Additionally is it possible to use the (unused) PSTN line to register
with a second SIP provider.

Yes it is possible - just make sure you use the syntax e.g.
under say Gateway 1 on the "Line 1" tab. and e.g.
81nnnn for your GW1 Auth ID:.

Great. I wasn't using the 81nnnn bit. It works now.

Perhaps don't use the PSTN line to register with a second provider; rather
use the Gateway accounts for outgoing and "Line 1" for incoming (and/or
outgoing) SIP provider. You can only have 1 incoming SIP provider
monitoring incoming calls plus of course your PSTN line.

I had hoped that a second SIP provider could be used for incoming.

Thanks.

Old January 31st 08, 12:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Mike Sun submitted this idea :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..

Could you leave it unregisterd for a while & retry?

I have an SPA1002 with Sipgate on L1 & voip.co.uk on L2. Upto the time
Sipgate "improved" their setup, I could dial using Sipgate from either
Line, now it's only possible on the line registered.

How long are you thinking of?

No need. The OP has proved you correct.

Now how the bl**dy hell to get it to work on the SPA1002....

Old February 5th 08, 08:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheFug

Mike Sun schreef:
"Nick" wrote in message
Is it possible to set Sipgate up as a gateway for only dialing out or do
you have to register Sipgate as the Line1 account. I have tried this and I
can't get it to work sipgate although it works fine for voipcheap.

Additionally is it possible to use the (unused) PSTN line to register with
a second SIP provider.

Yes it is possible - just make sure you use the syntax e.g.
under say Gateway 1 on the "Line 1" tab. and e.g.
81nnnn for your GW1 Auth ID:.

Perhaps don't use the PSTN line to register with a second provider; rather
use the Gateway accounts for outgoing and "Line 1" for incoming (and/or
outgoing) SIP provider. You can only have 1 incoming SIP provider monitoring
incoming calls plus of course your PSTN line.

Cheers from Mike

If you register your accounts at Mysipswitch, and you register
Mysipswitch as line1, you can have many more incomming call providers,
the service is free, checkout the website, i use it myself , it has an
easy setup, and they are still adding features, checkout also the forum
section(s) on that site.

--

The Fug.

( VoIP/SIP switched by: