Some Wireless Questions

Old January 30th 08, 06:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Residual

Default Some Wireless Questions

Hi,

So basically here are the two things I am hoping too accomplish.

I have an Xbox360 which uses wireless controller and mic. This is
setup in my game room with a normal old tube tv. I recently purchased a
HDTV which is in our living room(next room over from the game room). I
know from expierance I can split the RCA inputs and run wires from the
game room too the living room and have it display on that tv. The
problem here is wireless lag/interfearance. The 360 is located the next
room over in the game room while I want to be able to play in the living
room.
I am aware of wireless boosters but I am wondering if they are designed
only for wifi internet and not just any old wireless signal. So for
this one I am wondering if it's possible to boost the wifi mic and
controller for the 360 enough to make it too the other room. I'm
completely open to suggestions of any kind including insane hacks

Now my second question, I run a linksys cable modem AND a linksys
router(hard wired only). We recently bought a laptop and the wire
running through my house is ugly and in the way. So my question is, is
it possible too hook up a wireless router ontop of my hard wired router?
I don't want to get rid of the hard wired router. I'm thinking that I
can simply have two routers seperately and simply purcahse another ip
address but I want to be sure there isn't an easyer way.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

View this thread: http://www.wirelessforums.org/showthread.php?t=37836
http://www.wirelessforums.org

Old January 30th 08, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"Residual" wrote in message

[...]

You are making several basic errors here, not least of them is
the way you are posting this to Usenet via this parasitic Web-forum
which only exists to carry advertising. Your post has appeared in
uk.telecom.voip
Can I suggest you learn how to use a newsserver and newsreader
software to post directly to an appropriate group such as
uk.games.video.xbox?
If all else fails use Google Groups www.google.co.uk/groups

--
Graham