Tiscali LLU to BT POTS

Old January 30th 08, 09:16 PM posted to uk.telecom, uk.telecom.broadband
Ken Preston

Default Tiscali LLU to BT POTS

Hi,

My LLU service from Tiscali is due to be ceased tomorrow (31-01-08)
and a BT
re-provide. But, I have just come in and there is no dial tone. Is
this
normal just before switchover, just got a rushing noise?

Also can someone please confirm that Plusnet are nothing to do with
Tiscali?
Just read some alarming reports about Plusnet users being switched
over to
Tiscali LLU. (Abeit dated 2006). Don't wan't to jump out of the frying
pan
and into the fire!

Thanks,

Ken.
Old January 30th 08, 10:05 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Ken Preston wrote:
Hi,

My LLU service from Tiscali is due to be ceased tomorrow (31-01-08)
and a BT
re-provide. But, I have just come in and there is no dial tone. Is
this
normal just before switchover, just got a rushing noise?

Also can someone please confirm that Plusnet are nothing to do with
Tiscali?
Just read some alarming reports about Plusnet users being switched
over to
Tiscali LLU. (Abeit dated 2006). Don't wan't to jump out of the
frying pan
and into the fire!

Thanks,

Ken.

The first bit first, Plusnet have got nothing to do with Tiscali at
all, they are owned by BT...

As for your loss of dial tone etc, I wouldn't be suprised if Tiscali
have shut you down early, but it is also possible that the jumpering
to do what you are requiring may have been done early as well.

I'm afraid it's a bite the bullet for the next 24 hours & hopefully
everything will be on line. If it isn't do not delay but report it
immediately to BT faults (0800 800150) as there is a possiblity that
the 'wonderful' system may have change the complete routing of your
pair & not just do the relatively simple MDF mapping change which it
should do.

Old January 30th 08, 10:06 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
TheOldFellow

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:16:15 -0800 (PST)
Ken Preston wrote:

Hi,

My LLU service from Tiscali is due to be ceased tomorrow (31-01-08)
and a BT
re-provide. But, I have just come in and there is no dial tone. Is
this
normal just before switchover, just got a rushing noise?

Also can someone please confirm that Plusnet are nothing to do with
Tiscali?
Just read some alarming reports about Plusnet users being switched
over to
Tiscali LLU. (Abeit dated 2006). Don't wan't to jump out of the frying
pan
and into the fire!

Thanks,

Ken.

Plusnet is owned by BT.

http://www.plus.net/press/about_us.shtml

R.

Old January 31st 08, 07:50 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Ken Preston wrote:

Also can someone please confirm that Plusnet are nothing to do with
Tiscali?

Hi Ken, we do have around 8000 customers on Tiscali's LLU offering.

The only other affiliation with Tiscali we have it the fact that we use
them for some of our transit peering (although that's a far cry from the
Tiscali you will be familiar with).

Just read some alarming reports about Plusnet users being switched
over to
Tiscali LLU. (Abeit dated 2006). Don't wan't to jump out of the frying
pan
and into the fire!

We no longer actively migrate/provision customers to/on LLU and all new
migrations/signups are on BT IPStream.

Thanks,

Ken.

Kind Rgds,

--
+------ PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------
Old January 31st 08, 01:16 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Ken Preston

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:05:27 -0000, "kraftee"
wrote:

As for your loss of dial tone etc, I wouldn't be suprised if Tiscali
have shut you down early, but it is also possible that the jumpering
to do what you are requiring may have been done early as well.

Ok, fair enough.

I'm afraid it's a bite the bullet for the next 24 hours & hopefully
everything will be on line. If it isn't do not delay but report it
immediately to BT faults (0800 800150) as there is a possiblity that
the 'wonderful' system may have change the complete routing of your
pair & not just do the relatively simple MDF mapping change which it
should do.

OK, the "rushing noise" has gone now, no line voltage at all, I take
it this is normal because they have to do something phiscally, not
just by software? but strangely BB is still up. Anyway will wait and
see how it plays out as you suggest.

Regards,

Ken
Old January 31st 08, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

wrote:

[...]

Yes they have to physically change the MDF routing of two pairs of
wires