SKY users beware

Old January 31st 08, 11:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Default SKY users beware

After a bout of not so good health I actually checked my DD mandates.
I cancelled my SKY Broadband in September, they even refunded my
monies for the 9 months I was supposedly receiving their service.

After all that they continued to charge me for my broadband!

'Oh yes sir we can see you have cancelled but it's stuck with billing'

You have been warned !

Let's all party like it's Dec 21 2012

Old January 31st 08, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

kraftee wrote:
After a bout of not so good health I actually checked my DD mandates.
I cancelled my SKY Broadband in September, they even refunded my
monies for the 9 months I was supposedly receiving their service.

After all that they continued to charge me for my broadband!

'Oh yes sir we can see you have cancelled but it's stuck with billing'

You have been warned !

Well they aren't alone there.

I discovered that I had been paying mortgage insurance for some three
years after I paid it off. No way to get it back either.

Lloyds TSB. It got cancelled alomng with the whole damned account.

Old January 31st 08, 07:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Simpsons

kraftee wrote:
After a bout of not so good health I actually checked my DD mandates. I
cancelled my SKY Broadband in September, they even refunded my monies for
the 9 months I was supposedly receiving their service.

After all that they continued to charge me for my broadband!

I ordered sky HD back in september. Special offer for existing customers,
but they took the full undiscounted amount from my credit card. I queried
this, but was unable to get satisfaction that I would get the discounted
rate so I cancelled.
Here we are 4 months later and still no refund to my credit card. No problem
when I call sky, they agree I'm owed the money which they promise to refund,
but it never appears.
After three attempts, time to call Barclaycard.

Old January 31st 08, 07:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
xCx

The Simpsons wrote:

kraftee wrote:
After a bout of not so good health I actually checked my DD mandates.
I cancelled my SKY Broadband in September, they even refunded my
monies for the 9 months I was supposedly receiving their service.

After all that they continued to charge me for my broadband!

I ordered sky HD back in september. Special offer for existing
customers, but they took the full undiscounted amount from my credit
card. I queried this, but was unable to get satisfaction that I would
get the discounted rate so I cancelled.
Here we are 4 months later and still no refund to my credit card. No
problem when I call sky, they agree I'm owed the money which they
promise to refund, but it never appears.
After three attempts, time to call Barclaycard.

I wouldn't have given them 3 chances, I'd have gone to the
card issuer after the first time, it's a nightmare getting
hold of anyone at sky.
Old January 31st 08, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

xCx wrote:
The Simpsons wrote:

kraftee wrote:
[...]

I too would have gone straight to the credit card.

--
http://www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk/pcpro
http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/dyna/r...rchives_en.cfm
Old January 31st 08, 09:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

After all that they continued to charge me for my broadband!

Ditto Pipex.

I had, however, changed my payment method in anticipation of this, and
when they charged me after the cancellation period was up, another
email found its way direct to the chairman and chief exec within
hours.

I simply pointed out that I considered it to be a fraudulent attempt
to extract money as the contract was finished, and would be taking it
further if not refunded forthwith. I think it took two days to hit my
account - longer than expected, but sooo much quicker than using
normal support email addresses :-p
Old February 3rd 08, 10:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

In message
at 21:38:05 on Thu, 31 Jan 2008, Colin Wilson
o.uk wrote
I think it took two days to hit my
account - longer than expected

This is about the norm for refund credits to bank accounts and debit and
credit card accounts
--
Mike News
Old February 3rd 08, 08:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

I think it took two days to hit my account - longer than expected
This is about the norm for refund credits to bank accounts and debit and
credit card accounts

I know, it was just nice to see them react so fast having waited close
to TWO MONTHS for my MAC !