Busy(?) tones from PAP2T

Old January 31st 08, 03:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger Mills

Default Busy(?) tones from PAP2T

I am using a VoIP service provided by voip.co.uk, but with my own hardware -
PAP2T connected to my ADSL modem/router.

As often as not, if the called party's phone is busy, I get a nasty skawk[1]
from the PAP2T rather than a normal busy tone.

Could this be due to something being wrong in the PAP2T setup? When I first
had it (a few months ago) I got into a bit of mess configuring it, and put
it back to 'factory' settings - which may mean that some of the parameters
are defaults for (say) USA rather than UK. Nevertheless, it works ok - apart
from this one anomoly. Which parameter(s) should I look at, and what
value(s) should it/they have?

[1] It's the same noise it makes if you dial an 'illegal' number not catered
for by the call plan - but if you redial the same number when the called
party is not busy, it connects ok.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old January 31st 08, 05:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

I am using a VoIP service provided by voip.co.uk, but with my own
hardware -
PAP2T connected to my ADSL modem/router.

As often as not, if the called party's phone is busy, I get a nasty
skawk[1] from the PAP2T rather than a normal busy tone.

Could this be due to something being wrong in the PAP2T setup? When I
first had it (a few months ago) I got into a bit of mess configuring it,
and put it back to 'factory' settings - which may mean that some of the
parameters are defaults for (say) USA rather than UK. Nevertheless, it
works ok - apart from this one anomoly. Which parameter(s) should I look
at, and what value(s) should it/they have?

[1] It's the same noise it makes if you dial an 'illegal' number not
catered for by the call plan - but if you redial the same number when the
called party is not busy, it connects ok.

So you don't think the US equivalent is cool?
In the regional tab the busy tone is probably set to

/1+2)

change it to the UK tone by pasting this in instead
/1)

If you want to further customize your unit look here

http://mikecharnock.com/index.php?en...y070905-100000

--
Graham

%Profound_observation%

Old January 31st 08, 06:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Roger Mills wrote:
I am using a VoIP service provided by voip.co.uk, but with my own
hardware - PAP2T connected to my ADSL modem/router.

As often as not, if the called party's phone is busy, I get a nasty
skawk[1] from the PAP2T rather than a normal busy tone.

Could this be due to something being wrong in the PAP2T setup? When I
first had it (a few months ago) I got into a bit of mess configuring
it, and put it back to 'factory' settings - which may mean that some
of the parameters are defaults for (say) USA rather than UK.
Nevertheless, it works ok - apart from this one anomoly. Which
parameter(s) should I look at, and what value(s) should it/they have?

[1] It's the same noise it makes if you dial an 'illegal' number not
catered for by the call plan - but if you redial the same number when
the called party is not busy, it connects ok.

Admin Login
Advanced View

Under Regional Tab.

Dial Tone: [email protected],[email protected];60(*/0/1+2)
Second Dial Tone: [email protected],[email protected];30(*/0/1+2)
Outside Dial Tone: [email protected];30(*/0/1)
Prompt Tone: [email protected],[email protected];30(*/0/1+2)
Busy Tone: /1)
Reorder Tone: [email protected];20(*/0/1)
Off Hook Warning Tone: /1+2)
Ring Back Tone: /2/1+2)
Confirm Tone: /1)
SIT1 Tone: /0/3,0/1/0)
SIT2 Tone: /0/3,0/4/0)
SIT3 Tone: /0/3,0/4/0)
SIT4 Tone: /0/3,0/4/0)
MWI Dial Tone: /1+2)
Cfwd Dial Tone: /1+2);10(*/0/1+2)
DND Dial Tone: /2);10(*/0/1+2)
Holding Tone: /1)
Conference Tone: /1)
Secure Call Indication Tone: /2)
Feature Invocation Tone: /1)

Ring1 Cadence: 60(.4/.2,.4/2)
Ring2 Cadence: 60(1/2)
Ring3 Cadence: 60(.25/.25,.25/.25,.25/1.75)

CWT1 Cadence: 30(.2/.2,.2/4.4)

Ring Waveform: Sinusoid (though Trapezoid may help problematic phones to
ring).
Ring Frequency: 25
Ring Voltage: 80 (You can use 70, if problems try 75, 80, 85, 90)
CWT Frequency: [email protected]
Synchronized Ring: Yes

Hook Flash Timer Min: .06
Hook Flash Timer Max: .2
Callee On Hook Delay: 0
Reorder Delay: 5
Call Back Expires: 1800
Call Back Retry Intvl: 30
Call Back Delay: .5
VMWI Refresh Intvl: 0
Interdigit Long Timer: 10
Interdigit Short Timer: 3
CPC Delay: .5
CPC Duration: .1

Time Zone: GMT
FXS Port Impedance: 370+620||310nF
Daylight Saving Time Rule: start=3/-1/7/2:0:0;end=10/-1/7/2:0:0;save=1:0:0
DTMF Playback Level: -16
DTMF Playback Length: .25
Caller ID Method: ETSI FSK With PR(UK)
FXS Port Power Limit: 3
Caller ID FSK Standard: v.23
Feature Invocation Method: Default
More Echo Suppression: yes

--
http://www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk/pcpro
http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/dyna/r...rchives_en.cfm

Old January 31st 08, 07:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger Mills

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

Admin Login
Advanced View

Under Regional Tab.

Dial Tone: [email protected],[email protected];60(*/0/1+2)
Second Dial Tone: [email protected],[email protected];30(*/0/1+2)
Outside Dial Tone: [email protected];30(*/0/1)
Prompt Tone: [email protected],[email protected];30(*/0/1+2)
Busy Tone: /1)

etc.

Many thanks for your reply. I note that your 'busy tone' is different from
the one supplied by Graham.
Yours is: /1)
Graham's is: /1)

Anyone care to explain the difference - and also to explain what the numbers
mean in all the other parameters for that matter?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old January 31st 08, 07:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Roger Mills wrote:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

Admin Login
Advanced View

Under Regional Tab.

Dial Tone: [email protected],[email protected];60(*/0/1+2)
Second Dial Tone: [email protected],[email protected];30(*/0/1+2)
Outside Dial Tone: [email protected];30(*/0/1)
Prompt Tone: [email protected],[email protected];30(*/0/1+2)
Busy Tone: /1)

etc.

Many thanks for your reply. I note that your 'busy tone' is different
from the one supplied by Graham.
Yours is: /1)
Graham's is: /1)

Anyone care to explain the difference - and also to explain what the
numbers mean in all the other parameters for that matter?

-10 is slightly louder than -20.

;30 the busy tone plays for 30 seconds ;70 plays for 70 seconds, before you
get the next tone to tell you to replace the handset and then the alarm for
the phone being off-hook too long.