Tiscali moving Pipex users to LLU

Old February 1st 08, 08:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
WCZ

Default Tiscali moving Pipex users to LLU

I've been a relatively happy Pipex user for the last few years but now they
have been taken over by Tiscali I want to jump ship. Last time I looked at
ISPs was just before Christmas and none of them flagged my line as being
LLU'd. I've finally decided to move to ADSL24 and their line checker now
shows me as being unbundled which means I have to pay £47 to get rebundled
to BT.

I didn't purchase an LLU product from Pipex. Pipex\Tiscali have not
informed me they were planning on moving me to an LLU circuit. I don't see
why I should have to pay this £47 when I've done nothing to cause it. What
would be the best plan of attack for complaining? Go straight to Ofcom or
start with Tiscali?

Obviously I'll get myself away from these charletons and pay the migration
fee in the short term but I intend to do whatever I can to get it back.

Many thanks for any advice or suggestions.

WCZ.

Old February 1st 08, 09:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

WCZ wrote:
I've been a relatively happy Pipex user for the last few years but
now they have been taken over by Tiscali I want to jump ship. Last
time I looked at ISPs was just before Christmas and none of them
flagged my line as being LLU'd. I've finally decided to move to
ADSL24 and their line checker now shows me as being unbundled which
means I have to pay £47 to get rebundled to BT.

Not neccesarily, nowt wrong with asking your new ISP of choice

Old February 1st 08, 09:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
WCZ

"kraftee" wrote in message
WCZ wrote:
I've been a relatively happy Pipex user for the last few years but
now they have been taken over by Tiscali I want to jump ship. Last
time I looked at ISPs was just before Christmas and none of them
flagged my line as being LLU'd. I've finally decided to move to
ADSL24 and their line checker now shows me as being unbundled which
means I have to pay £47 to get rebundled to BT.

Not neccesarily, nowt wrong with asking your new ISP of choice

ADSL24 do say that I'll have to pay the migration but as you say, worth
asking. I'll drop them a mail.

Old February 1st 08, 11:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Hills

WCZ wrote:
[...]

When you come to end your contract with Pipex simply withold the
appropriate amount when you settle with them.

Regards,

Chris
Old February 1st 08, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

WCZ wrote:

I've been a relatively happy Pipex user for the last few years but now they
have been taken over by Tiscali I want to jump ship. Last time I looked at
ISPs was just before Christmas and none of them flagged my line as being
LLU'd. I've finally decided to move to ADSL24 and their line checker now
shows me as being unbundled which means I have to pay £47 to get rebundled
to BT.

Some ISPs support 'LLU MACS'. I had the same problem when Plusnet moved me to
Tiscali LLU last year. Idnet was able to accept the LLU MAC at no charge
however.

I agree that it's not good practice for sure. Ofcom was supposed to be looking
at this.

Graham

Old February 2nd 08, 02:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cupis

Eeyore wrote:
Some ISPs support 'LLU MACS'. I had the same problem when Plusnet moved me to
Tiscali LLU last year. Idnet was able to accept the LLU MAC at no charge
however.

All ISPs should support them. The cost to them to migrate a user from
non-BT LLU to BT LLU is more than the cost to migrate from BT LLU to BT
LLU so they may choose to charge you for this or not.
Old February 2nd 08, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cupis

Chris Hills wrote:
When you come to end your contract with Pipex simply withold the
appropriate amount when you settle with them.

On what grounds?
Old February 3rd 08, 09:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Hills

Paul Cupis wrote:
On what grounds?

His contract was changed, he was not informed, and as a result incurred
an additional expense which he would not have otherwise.
Old February 3rd 08, 10:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cupis

Chris Hills wrote:
Paul Cupis wrote:
On what grounds?

His contract was changed,

I doubt it was.

And what have BT got to do with it, anyway?
Old February 3rd 08, 02:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Soruk

On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 10:37:57 +0000, Paul Cupis wrote:
Chris Hills wrote:
Paul Cupis wrote:
On what grounds?

His contract was changed,

I doubt it was.

And what have BT got to do with it, anyway?

He needs to be re-bundled back to them to use ADSL24.