NO2ID - It's more than a card, it changes the nature of citizenship in Britain

Old February 1st 08, 03:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Default NO2ID - It's more than a card, it changes the nature of citizenship in Britain

"Chris White" wrote in message

: : www.NO2ID.net
: :
: : More than a card - a new way of life

While I agree entirely, it has nothing to do with VoIP so has no place
here. There are newsgroups specifically for this kind of debate.

Ivor

Old February 1st 08, 03:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Michael Swift

In article , Ivor Jones
writes
: : More than a card - a new way of life

While I agree entirely, it has nothing to do with VoIP so has no place
here. There are newsgroups specifically for this kind of debate.

But the way things are going you'll soon need your ID card number to log
on to the www which of course will only contain government approved
information, and I'm only half joking.

Mike

Yorkshire Halvard Lange
Old February 1st 08, 05:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Simon

Michael Swift wrote:
In article , Ivor Jones
writes
: : More than a card - a new way of life

While I agree entirely, it has nothing to do with VoIP so has no place
here. There are newsgroups specifically for this kind of debate.

But the way things are going you'll soon need your ID card number to log
on to the www which of course will only contain government approved
information, and I'm only half joking.

Mike

Thats so 1984
Old February 1st 08, 05:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Simon

Ivor Jones wrote:

"Chris White" wrote in message

: : www.NO2ID.net
: :
: : More than a card - a new way of life

While I agree entirely, it has nothing to do with VoIP so has no place
here. There are newsgroups specifically for this kind of debate.

Ivor

That was not a discussion, its a rant and mostly inaccurate at that.
Old February 1st 08, 05:18 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip

But the way things are going you'll soon need your ID card number to log
on to the www which of course will only contain government approved
information, and I'm only half joking.

As in China. Next will come controls over use of the WWW, they will
justify it as a measure to catch paedophiles, and combat terrorism,
stage two will be that ISP's will have to keep extensive records of
all internet activity, in ever greater detail, and for ever longer periods.
All P2P activity will be monitored, it's seen as a means of
illegally distributing copyright material, then VPN will come under
scrutiny, as will encryption. If you encrypt, then by definition
you are trying to hide something.
It's very relevant to broadband and VoIP groups.
Old February 1st 08, 06:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Tony

"Simon" wrote in message
That was not a discussion, its a rant and mostly inaccurate at that.

Pity that the OP probably won't read this thread. I would like to tell him
that, as a NO2ID supporter, I am really annnoyed as his spam because I think
it will only turn people off.

--
Tony W
My e-mail address has no hyphen

Old February 4th 08, 04:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Mark

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 18:53:46 GMT, "Tony"
wrote:

"Simon" wrote in message
That was not a discussion, its a rant and mostly inaccurate at that.

Pity that the OP probably won't read this thread. I would like to tell him
that, as a NO2ID supporter, I am really annnoyed as his spam because I think
it will only turn people off.

I agree. However it could be a post from NuLabor to achieve just that
;-)

M.
Old March 9th 08, 10:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
news.plus.net

"Tony" wrote in message
"Simon" wrote in message
That was not a discussion, its a rant and mostly inaccurate at that.

Pity that the OP probably won't read this thread. I would like to tell
him that, as a NO2ID supporter, I am really annnoyed as his spam because I
think it will only turn people off.

--
Tony W
My e-mail address has no hyphen
- but please don't use it, reply to the group.

He has convinced me, how do I get my card?