NO2ID - It's more than a card, it changes the nature of citizenship in Britain

Old February 3rd 08, 06:17 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip

Default NO2ID - It's more than a card, it changes the nature of citizenship in Britain

- The proposed identity management system has multiple layers: The NIR
(National Identification Register) - individual checking and numbering of
the population

So it's proposed to tatoo us with a barcode?
Old February 3rd 08, 06:32 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message

: : : - The proposed identity management system has
: : : multiple layers: The NIR (National Identification
: : : Register) - individual checking and numbering of the
: : : population
: :
: : So it's proposed to tatoo us with a barcode?

Ssshh.. don't give them ideas..!

Ivor

Old February 3rd 08, 07:12 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip
Simon

Ivor Jones wrote:

wrote in message
: : : - The proposed
identity management system has
: : : multiple layers: The NIR (National Identification
: : : Register) - individual checking and numbering of the
: : : population : : : : So it's proposed to tatoo us with a barcode?

Ssshh.. don't give them ideas..!

Ivor

That seems a good idea, wouldn't need an ID Card then
Old February 3rd 08, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip

So it's proposed to tatoo us with a barcode?

Ssshh.. don't give them ideas..!

But look how much they would save, video surveillance
cameras could just read the barcode, as with number plate
recognition.
Old February 4th 08, 11:56 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip

- The proposed identity management system has multiple layers: The NIR
(National Identification Register) - individual checking and numbering
of the population

So it's proposed to tatoo us with a barcode?

Shusssss, it almost worked for a certain Germanic country seventy odd
years ago, as this government is heading the same way who can tell.

I suppose a burkha might be the answer to stop CCTV reading the
barcode.
Old February 4th 08, 02:15 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message

[snip]

: : I suppose a burkha might be the answer to stop CCTV
: : reading the barcode.

Hmm. I get mildly annoyed sometimes when filling my bike with petrol when
they insist I take off my helmet. I can understand to a point why they do
it, but would they insist someone wearing a burkha show their face when
paying for fuel..?

Ivor