Plusnet Non Provide of Service now trying to penalise my mother

Old February 4th 08, 06:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

Default Plusnet Non Provide of Service now trying to penalise my mother

My Mother has been a Plusnet Subscriber for a number of years, I upgraded
her account to a broadband package at 14.99 a month, all was going well
until 14th January (8 months on Broadband)..

I rang Plusnet on the 16th January, I got told to check all the filters etc
which I did and also bypassed all internal wiring and bypassed the master
socket, still no joy after several emails she is still without service.

Plusnet were blaming her Telephone provider, they checked the line and
confirmed there was no fault, Plusnet were insisting there was and
Postoffice who has the WLR wanted to chareg her 125 for an engineer to come
and check the line as their initial checks were fine.

I decided this had gone on long enough and moved her to TalkTalk (I know but
it works ok in our town), we then get penalised by Plusnet for moving (they
want near on 100) even though the fault was there`s..

The fault with the router was it wasn`t syncing, I tried another router,
microfilters etc

Where does she stand? Surely as the service was being supplied (over 2
weeks) that was a good enough reason to move..

Old February 4th 08, 06:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

"MeGgAhUrTz" wrote in message
.nl...
Where does she stand? Surely as the service *wasn`t being supplied (over 2
weeks) that was a good enough reason to move..

Old February 4th 08, 06:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

MeGgAhUrTz wrote:
[...]

Tell the to go and **** themselves. They have no legal means to enforce the
debt without going to court, explain it to the judge.

Gaz

Old February 4th 08, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

"Gaz" wrote in message
Tell the to go and **** themselves. They have no legal means to enforce
the debt without going to court, explain it to the judge.

Gaz

Hi Gaz,

I am willing to let it go all the way to Court to be honest but just a bit
of stress my mother doens`t need at the moment..

Nicely put by the way :0)

Old February 4th 08, 07:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gio

[...]

I take it she was not on a 12, 18 or 24 month term contract but was on a
monthly agreement? If she was on a 12 month contract and you pulled her out
at the 8th month then they could demand payment for the remaining contract
period. 4 months = approx 60

Gio

Old February 4th 08, 07:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete Smith

"Gaz" wrote in message
Tell the to go and **** themselves. They have no legal means to enforce
the debt without going to court, explain it to the judge.

Gaz

Hi Gaz,

I am willing to let it go all the way to Court to be honest but just a bit
of stress my mother doens`t need at the moment..

Nicely put by the way :0)

Well you should have thought about that first. Read all the terms and
conditions closely, complain to the right people and don't go changing
suppliers for someone else.
I think you should just give your mother the money being asked for and learn
a lesson from it.

Old February 4th 08, 09:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

Gio wrote:
[...]

I think you might find it was them in breach of contract first, not him. He
contacted them mulitple times and waited fourteen days before cancelling the
contract. Sounds entirely reasonable to me, for him to have being supersafe,
a recorded letter informing them of his intention to quit the contract first
though.

A question to the OP though, did you inform plusnet you where cancelling the
contract?

Gaz

Old February 4th 08, 09:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

"Gaz" wrote in message
Tell the to go and **** themselves. They have no legal means to
enforce the debt without going to court, explain it to the judge.

Gaz

Hi Gaz,

I am willing to let it go all the way to Court to be honest but just
a bit of stress my mother doens`t need at the moment..

Nicely put by the way :0)

Well you should have thought about that first. Read all the terms and
conditions closely, complain to the right people and don't go changing
suppliers for someone else.
I think you should just give your mother the money being asked for
and learn a lesson from it.

Erm, not quite. If you agreed to a twelve month contract with, say a
cleaner, and the agreement was that she would come round to your house every
week to do the cleaning, but stopped coming round after about three months,
you wouldnt expect her to still bill you for the remainder of the twelve
months???

Gaz

Old February 4th 08, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

MeGgAhUrTz wrote:
[...]

From what you say it would seem that the fault was almost certainly with the
line provider or the customer equipment. If the line will not sync then the
connection has not got as far as Plusnet's equipment. If so then there was
no valid reason to cancel the Plusnet contract and they can quite reasonably
expect to be paid the cancellation fee. Quite how just changing to TalkTalk
is supposed to help is difficult to understand.

Peter Crosland

Old February 4th 08, 09:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

"Gaz" wrote in message

A question to the OP though, did you inform plusnet you where cancelling
the contract?

Gaz

Hi Gaz,

I have pages upon pages of support questions back and forth, basically after
10 days I stated that as my mother wasn`t getting what she paid for we would
be moving her to another supplier who could provide the service, they were
blaming The Post Office saying the line was faulty but the line worked fine,
then they tried saying it was internal wiring etc which it wasn`t as i
bypassed the master socket, changed 3 filters and also tried another router
and still no sync...

So make of that what you will, I basically told them due to the lack of
service being provided that my mother will be moving elsewhere, I think it`s
reasonable especially as they tried passing the buck rather than fixing the
fault..