Bt home hub how to check connectivty

Old February 4th 08, 08:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Salisbury

Default Bt home hub how to check connectivty

Hi,
A friend has been kitted out with a BT home hub and lives right out in
the sticks. She has problems with flaky internet connection and the
broadband phone service failing every evening. Is there anyway of
checking the statistics on the hub?

Thanks
Old February 4th 08, 08:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SJP

"James Salisbury" wrote in
message ...

http://bthomehub.home/

Old February 5th 08, 08:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Custard

On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 20:07:34 +0000, James Salisbury
wrote:

Hi,
A friend has been kitted out with a BT home hub and lives right out in
the sticks. She has problems with flaky internet connection and the
broadband phone service failing every evening. Is there anyway of
checking the statistics on the hub?

Thanks

She should have a BT Helpdesk Icon on her screen which will have lots
of stuff on it.
However, her best would be to bin the thing. Its pretty useless.
I had one when I changed to BT and had no end of problems with it in
the first month. I then went to ADSL Guide and took note of what was
being said and consequently got onto BT and demanded a Voyager 2500V
wireless Modem/router. This unit was brilliant, faster and more stable
connection and still with BT Talk.
Im also out in the sticks.
Old February 5th 08, 09:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

James Salisbury wrote:
Hi,
A friend has been kitted out with a BT home hub and lives right out in
the sticks. She has problems with flaky internet connection and the
broadband phone service failing every evening. Is there anyway of
checking the statistics on the hub?

Yes, but this will happen anyway on a new install (flakiness)and speeds
do drop in the evening (MW transmissions interfere moer etc.)

Thanks

Old February 5th 08, 09:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

wrote:

Hi,
A friend has been kitted out with a BT home hub and lives right
out in the sticks. She has problems with flaky internet connection
and the broadband phone service failing every evening. Is there
anyway of checking the statistics on the hub?

Thanks

She should have a BT Helpdesk Icon on her screen which will have
lots of stuff on it.
However, her best would be to bin the thing. Its pretty useless.
I had one when I changed to BT and had no end of problems with it in
the first month. I then went to ADSL Guide and took note of what was
being said and consequently got onto BT and demanded a Voyager 2500V
wireless Modem/router. This unit was brilliant, faster and more
stable connection and still with BT Talk.
Im also out in the sticks.

The other option is to push for the newer v1.5 unit. It's a lot less
flakey & for some reason now I'm running 2Mbps faster than they said I
would be able to, now watch it dive :-(

Old February 6th 08, 07:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Custard

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 21:21:10 -0000, "kraftee"
wrote:

The other option is to push for the newer v1.5 unit. It's a lot less
flakey & for some reason now I'm running 2Mbps faster than they said I
would be able to, now watch it dive :-(

Cool.
When did this newer version come out?
Old February 6th 08, 07:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

wrote:

The other option is to push for the newer v1.5 unit. It's a lot
less flakey & for some reason now I'm running 2Mbps faster than
they said I would be able to, now watch it dive :-(

Cool.
When did this newer version come out?

Out now, for the last couple of months. Lets put it this way, long
enough for them to start turning up on Ebay, (where I bought my 'just
in case' spare). You may have to push, buite, wrestle & scratch to
get one from support though. Last time I spoke to them they didn't
have any idea about it. Didn't have the right number of LEDs etc &
as forsetting up the hub pnohe...not a chance they turned it off when
they were trying to sort it out....

Old February 7th 08, 07:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Custard

wrote:

The other option is to push for the newer v1.5 unit. It's a lot
less flakey & for some reason now I'm running 2Mbps faster than
they said I would be able to, now watch it dive :-(

Cool.
When did this newer version come out?

Out now, for the last couple of months. Lets put it this way, long
enough for them to start turning up on Ebay, (where I bought my 'just
in case' spare). You may have to push, buite, wrestle & scratch to
get one from support though. Last time I spoke to them they didn't
have any idea about it. Didn't have the right number of LEDs etc &
as forsetting up the hub pnohe...not a chance they turned it off when
they were trying to sort it out....

Nahh I wont bother. I had to harass them enough for them to send me
the Voyager and Im pretty happy with that now
Thanks for the info