Redstone

Old February 6th 08, 07:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeremy

Default Redstone

Hi anyone had any dealings with Redstone? Being offered a phone and
broadband service for our new offices - product descriptions look good
but have not yet found much reference to their
performance/reliabiulity/customer service.

BT Business Broadband looks like a good package.

Any other recommendations? Want to connect 8-12 people in a single
office where there is currently no phone line.

Thanks

--
jeremy
Old February 6th 08, 10:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

"jeremy" wrote in message
t...
Hi anyone had any dealings with Redstone? Being offered a phone and
broadband service for our new offices - product descriptions look good
but have not yet found much reference to their
performance/reliabiulity/customer service.

BT Business Broadband looks like a good package.

Any other recommendations? Want to connect 8-12 people in a single
office where there is currently no phone line.

Perhaps you should consider the following:

- static IP address
- router which allows remote management
- router which supports VPN

This will give you some flexibility for the future, particularly in terms of
working from home, and having a proper server in the office to support your
users.

Does the BT offering provide any of this?

I think you would be much better taking ADSL from the likes of Zen or
Andrews & Arnold and providing your own router. If configuring the system
is beyond you then you should look at buying in some competent support.
With 8-12 users on a similar number of PCs you will need competent support
to ensure everything works smoothly!

--
Graham J