Excellent Linksys Guaranty

Old February 6th 08, 06:41 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Geoff Lane

Default Excellent Linksys Guaranty

Back in early January I posted an enquiry about a problem with ethernet
connections on my Linksys WAG54G http://tinyurl.com/2jwd36

One message suggested I may still be within the guaranty period, I
hadn't even given this a thought as it was over two years old.

It was in fact 2years 9months old.

A freephone call to Linksys confirmed in was still under warranty, a
freepost delivery label was sent via email. The old router was picked up
my UPS free of charge and 2 weeks later I have a brand new later model
router.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Geoff Lane
Followup-To:uk.telecom.broadband
Old February 6th 08, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 18:41:09 +0000, Geoff Lane
wrote:

Back in early January I posted an enquiry about a problem with ethernet
connections on my Linksys WAG54G http://tinyurl.com/2jwd36

One message suggested I may still be within the guaranty period, I
hadn't even given this a thought as it was over two years old.

It was in fact 2years 9months old.

A freephone call to Linksys confirmed in was still under warranty, a
freepost delivery label was sent via email. The old router was picked up
my UPS free of charge and 2 weeks later I have a brand new later model
router.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Geoff Lane
Followup-To:uk.telecom.broadband

We swapped ours last year again it was over 2 years old ours came from
PCworld and I did not know about such a long warranty ,PCWorld swapped
it without any hesitation .
Old February 7th 08, 09:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
RodP

"Geoff Lane" wrote in message
Back in early January I posted an enquiry about a problem with ethernet
connections on my Linksys WAG54G http://tinyurl.com/2jwd36

One message suggested I may still be within the guaranty period, I
hadn't even given this a thought as it was over two years old.

I think it could have been from me as I posted my success with getting a
replacement Linksys router after mine started to fail at 2 1/2 years. I
wonder what you got as they sent me a Wag200g as the Wag54g is obsolete.
It seems a nicer router and more importantly runs much cooler so hopefully
won't cook the capacitors like the Wag54g did!
Regards,
RodP

Old February 9th 08, 07:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geoff Lane

RodP wrote:

One message suggested I may still be within the guaranty period, I
hadn't even given this a thought as it was over two years old.

I think it could have been from me as I posted my success with getting a
replacement Linksys router after mine started to fail at 2 1/2 years.

Yes, I think it was, and thanks a bundle for the suggestion.

wonder what you got as they sent me a Wag200g as the Wag54g is obsolete.
It seems a nicer router and more importantly runs much cooler so hopefully
won't cook the capacitors like the Wag54g did!
Regards,
RodP

I got a WAG325N, web interface appears very similar, is an 802.11N
router but two laptops
are only the B system anyway and one frequent visitor has 11G.

Looks the business though, two sticky up aerials and one flat one, shame
it don't spin like the aircraft
radar, that would look cool :-))

Geoff Lane