Why not archive?

Old February 6th 08, 08:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken Preston

Default Why not archive?

Why do so many people on these boards choose not to have their posts
archived?

I've seen a lot of posts where people say "Google is your friend" so
why not archive? Shorely it would help other posters in the future.

Ken Preston.
Old February 6th 08, 09:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 20:55:59 UTC, Ken Preston
wrote:

Why do so many people on these boards choose not to have their posts
archived?

Ron (or [email protected], or several other names) is a well known paranoid
(you can tell it's him by using a cursory analysis of the text; he uses
little or no punctuation). He also threatens to sue people if they say
he said things, because he reckons there will be no trace of what he
once said, since he set No-Archive. If he says anything inflammatory, I
usually follow it up and quote it for posterity. That accounts for
sveral of the users you may have seen, I expect.

Apart from him, others do it for other paranoid reasons, I guess. The
newsgroup seems to attract a few of them, as well as lots of 'normal'
people (and me!).

euthanasia recommended. ]