Broadcom 11b XP Problem - I think

Old February 7th 08, 07:50 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Geoff Lane

Default Broadcom 11b XP Problem - I think

I've got a HP Pavilion laptop with XP Home. The computer has an inbuilt
Broadcom 11b wifi.

It is dual boot with one XP partition for a games setup and the other
for general use.

I had a power problem a couple of days back which caused an unintended
shutdown and since then, one one partition only, I have had a problem
with my network connectivity.

It may momentarily connect and then disconnect completely.

I have tried uninstalling hardware, reinstalling. Uninstalling drivers
and reinstalling but all to no avail.

I have a wifi button on my laptop which enables the wifi to be turned on
or off but on the problem partition I cannot get it to show.

A separate wifi adapter works fine and as the connection works fine on
the other partition I am assuming it must be the Broadcom software.

Anyone had a similar problem and able to give any pointers.

Geoff Lane
Followup-To:uk.telecom.broadband
Old February 7th 08, 08:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geoff Lane

Geoff Lane wrote:

I've got a HP Pavilion laptop with XP Home. The computer has an inbuilt
Broadcom 11b wifi.

I had a power problem a couple of days back which caused an unintended
shutdown and since then, one one partition only, I have had a problem
with my network connectivity.

Cancel - I copied the driver file from my good partition and all appears
to be working fine now.

Why uninstalling the driver and reinstalling from a fresh Broadcom
driver setup folder didn't work I don't know.

The magic of Windows.

Geoff Lane