BT line, talk talk phone, ADSL?

Old February 9th 08, 12:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Default BT line, talk talk phone, ADSL?

The history doesn;'t bear repeating but a situation has arisen where
someone has a BT line with a talk talk service and wants ADSL..the
broadband checkers say that the line 'has another service on it that
will peveent ADSL' whereas BT swear blind they can put broadband on any
phone line even an LLU one.

What are the FACTS?

Exchange is kosher with ADSL max etc. etc.
Old February 9th 08, 01:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Crowther

In uk.telecom.broadband, on Sat, 9 Feb 2008 00:21:11, The Natural
Philosopher wrote:

The history doesn;'t bear repeating but a situation has arisen where
someone has a BT line with a talk talk service and wants ADSL..the
broadband checkers say that the line 'has another service on it that
will peveent ADSL' whereas BT swear blind they can put broadband on any
phone line even an LLU one.

What are the FACTS?

Who do they want the ADSL provided by? If Talk-Talk, fine, anyone else
and it will be expensive. Frankly, they should have looked before they
leaped. I'm sad to say I have not much sympathy, those who buy services
based on adverts and CDs through the door deserve all they get.

--
Jim Crowther
Old February 9th 08, 09:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Philosopher wrote:

The history doesn;'t bear repeating but a situation has arisen where
someone has a BT line with a talk talk service and wants ADSL..the
broadband checkers say that the line 'has another service on it that
will peveent ADSL' whereas BT swear blind they can put broadband on
any phone line even an LLU one.

What are the FACTS?

Who do they want the ADSL provided by? If Talk-Talk, fine, anyone else
and it will be expensive. Frankly, they should have looked before they
leaped. I'm sad to say I have not much sympathy, those who buy services
based on adverts and CDs through the door deserve all they get.

whilst I utterly agree with you about deserving it,why will it 'be
expensive' to use anyone other than talk talk?

Old February 9th 08, 02:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Willcocks

The history doesn;'t bear repeating but a situation has arisen where
someone has a BT line with a talk talk service and wants ADSL..the
broadband checkers say that the line 'has another service on it that will
peveent ADSL' whereas BT swear blind they can put broadband on any phone
line even an LLU one.

What are the FACTS?

Exchange is kosher with ADSL max etc. etc.

I have a BT line (line rental paid to BT) and my calls are all billed by
TalkTalk. My current ISP is BT Yahoo. The problems only arise when you
are paying the line rental to TalkTalk because then your line is unbundled
and, therefore, no longer a BT line.
--
Keith Willcocks

Old February 9th 08, 05:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Keith Willcocks wrote:
The history doesn;'t bear repeating but a situation has arisen where
someone has a BT line with a talk talk service and wants ADSL..the
broadband checkers say that the line 'has another service on it that will
peveent ADSL' whereas BT swear blind they can put broadband on any phone
line even an LLU one.

What are the FACTS?

Exchange is kosher with ADSL max etc. etc.

I have a BT line (line rental paid to BT) and my calls are all billed by
TalkTalk. My current ISP is BT Yahoo. The problems only arise when you
are paying the line rental to TalkTalk because then your line is unbundled
and, therefore, no longer a BT line.

Ah. That may be the case..I will check with the customer.