E-mail via Web

Old February 9th 08, 10:48 AM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.comp.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

Default E-mail via Web

"alexander.keys1" wrote in
message

: : Can anybody recommend a reliable Webmail service, i.e.
: : where you can have an e-mail address which you access
: : via a website, to read and send mail. I did use
: : Hotmail until recently, but the website will not load
: : anymore. I phoned my ISP, 'Virgin Media' (formerly
: : NTL), and got a 'ntlworld.com' address, which is
: : supposed to work via 'Outlook Express', but basically
: : it doesn't.

Google mail works for me.

http://mail.google.com

Ivor

Old February 9th 08, 10:50 AM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.comp.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
frankie

Ivor Jones wrote:

"alexander.keys1" wrote in
message

: : Can anybody recommend a reliable Webmail service, i.e.
: : where you can have an e-mail address which you access
: : via a website, to read and send mail. I did use : : Hotmail until
recently, but the website will not load
: : anymore. I phoned my ISP, 'Virgin Media' (formerly
: : NTL), and got a 'ntlworld.com' address, which is
: : supposed to work via 'Outlook Express', but basically
: : it doesn't.
Google mail works for me.

http://mail.google.com

Ivor

fine if you want all your mail archived forever
Old February 9th 08, 10:55 AM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.comp.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"frankie" wrote in message

: : Ivor Jones wrote:

[snip]

: : : Google mail works for me.
: : :
: : : http://mail.google.com

: :
: : fine if you want all your mail archived forever

Actually I do. You can always delete it.

Ivor

Old February 9th 08, 11:09 AM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.comp.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
frankie

Ivor Jones wrote:
"frankie" wrote in message
: : Ivor Jones wrote:

[snip]

: : : Google mail works for me.
: : : : : : http://mail.google.com

: : : : fine if you want all your mail archived forever

Actually I do. You can always delete it.

Ivor

you think google REALLY delete it?
Old February 9th 08, 11:33 AM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.comp.misc,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

Ivor Jones wrote:
"frankie" wrote in message
: : Ivor Jones wrote:

[snip]

: : : Google mail works for me.
: : : : : : http://mail.google.com

: : : : fine if you want all your mail archived forever

Actually I do. You can always delete it.

Thats what they /tell/ you, anyway. Do they also wipte the DR databases
and erase the backup tapes with old copies of your mail in them?
Old February 9th 08, 12:01 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Joker7

In news: - Ivor Jones wrote :
"frankie" wrote in message

Ivor Jones wrote:

[snip]

Google mail works for me.

http://mail.google.com

fine if you want all your mail archived forever

Actually I do. You can always delete it.

Ivor

Sorry to say you can't !!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris
--
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://dn-22.co.uk
The Handyman http://www.looker.me.uk

Old February 9th 08, 01:26 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.comp.misc,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Mark McIntyre" wrote in message

: : Ivor Jones wrote:
: : : "frankie" wrote in message
: : : : : Ivor Jones
: : : wrote:
: : :
: : : [snip]
: : :
: : : : : : Google mail works for me.
: : : : : : : : : http://mail.google.com
: : :
: : : : : : : fine if you want all your mail archived
: : : : : : : forever
: : :
: : : Actually I do. You can always delete it.
: :
: : Thats what they /tell/ you, anyway. Do they also wipte
: : the DR databases and erase the backup tapes with old
: : copies of your mail in them?

Even Google don't have unlimited storage. They'll have to wipe them sooner
or later.

Ivor

Old February 9th 08, 01:27 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Joker7" wrote in message

: : In news: - Ivor
: : Jones wrote :
: : : : "frankie" wrote in message
: : : :
: : : : : : Ivor Jones wrote:
: : : :
: : : : [snip]
: : : :
: : : : : : : Google mail works for me.
: : : : : : :
: : : : : : :
http://mail.google.com
: : : :
: : : : : :
: : : : : : fine if you want all your mail archived forever
: : : :
: : : : Actually I do. You can always delete it.
: : : :
: : : : Ivor
: :
: : Sorry to say you can't !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to say I can. If you can't, that's your problem. Besides, I don't
want to.

Ivor

Old February 9th 08, 01:28 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Joker7" wrote in message

[snip]

: : Then theres Google mail privacy issues ................

Well now, there's an old saying, never write anything in an email you
wouldn't want the world to read. There are other ways of communicating
securely.

Ivor