Tiscali line rental?

Old February 10th 08, 12:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

Default Tiscali line rental?

We currently have Tiscali's 1Mb ADSL, paying BT for line rental and
Talktalk for calls. Checking our phone number with BT's web site it
says we can have ADSL Max.

We have made several enquiries with Tiscal trying to get them to
provide 8Mb ADSL plus line rental and calls as a single package. Each
and every enquiry to Tiscali produces a different answer as to whether
it can or cannot be done on our line.

Is there any web site I can type in our landline number and be certain
of what can be done with our line?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Old February 10th 08, 02:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Harry:
Each and every enquiry to Tiscali produces a different answer as to whether
it can or cannot be done on our line.

That alone should tell you to stay away from them !
If BT says you can have ADSL Max then you can.
You can find more useful info on
samknows.com

Regards,
Martin

Old February 10th 08, 09:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

Martin² laid this down on his screen :
Harry:
Each and every enquiry to Tiscali produces a different answer as to whether
it can or cannot be done on our line.

That alone should tell you to stay away from them !
If BT says you can have ADSL Max then you can.
You can find more useful info on
samknows.com

We are already with Tiscali, we just want to upgrade and some of our
enquires with them say it cannot be done. The main point of the upgrade
was to cut the line rental, rather than the faster broadband.

Old February 10th 08, 10:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

In message , Harry
Bloomfield wrote
Martin² laid this down on his screen :
Harry:
Each and every enquiry to Tiscali produces a different answer as to
whether it can or cannot be done on our line.

That alone should tell you to stay away from them !
If BT says you can have ADSL Max then you can.
You can find more useful info on
samknows.com

We are already with Tiscali, we just want to upgrade and some of our
enquires with them say it cannot be done. The main point of the upgrade
was to cut the line rental, rather than the faster broadband.

It probably depends on the exchange having Tiscalli equipment and the
line being un-bundled (LLU). Put your telephone number into the
Samknows page and follow the links for your exchange.

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.php
--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Old February 10th 08, 11:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

Alan used his keyboard to write :
In message , Harry Bloomfield
wrote
Martin² laid this down on his screen :
Harry:
Each and every enquiry to Tiscali produces a different answer as to
whether it can or cannot be done on our line.

That alone should tell you to stay away from them !
If BT says you can have ADSL Max then you can.
You can find more useful info on
samknows.com

We are already with Tiscali, we just want to upgrade and some of our
enquires with them say it cannot be done. The main point of the upgrade was
to cut the line rental, rather than the faster broadband.

It probably depends on the exchange having Tiscalli equipment and the line
being un-bundled (LLU). Put your telephone number into the Samknows page and
follow the links for your exchange.

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.php

I have checked on that site before and so far as I can tell there is no
obvious reason why Tiscali cannot supply the services. However....

Would you please take a look at:-

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/ex...hp?ecode=MYGRF

and perhaps confirm what I am seeing means there is no reason why
Tiscali cannot provide these services?

Old February 10th 08, 11:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:03:55 +0000, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Would you please take a look at:-

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/ex...hp?ecode=MYGRF

and perhaps confirm what I am seeing means there is no reason why
Tiscali cannot provide these services?

There is no apparent reason why Tiscali can't provide you with 8M
service, based on the information available to us. However, Tiscali may
have their own reasons for not doing so, for example maybe their DSLAM
[the thing that supplies you with their broadband when they unbundle your
line] is at capacity, or maybe they think your line is too long. Having
said that, they've already demonstrated their incompetence to you, so at
this point if I were you I'd be a little bit doubtful about making any
kind of commitment to them. You might also like to search the archives of
this group for the number of threads posted by people where their Tiscali
broadband speed/reliability has fallen off a cliff after being unbundled.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
10:06:03 up 1 day, 13:08, 2 users, load average: 1.67, 1.62, 1.58
Old February 10th 08, 12:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cupis

alexd wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:03:55 +0000, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Would you please take a look at:-

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/ex...hp?ecode=MYGRF

and perhaps confirm what I am seeing means there is no reason why
Tiscali cannot provide these services?

There is no apparent reason why Tiscali can't provide you with 8M
service, based on the information available to us. However, Tiscali may
have their own reasons for not doing so,

I seem to think that Tiscali are moving all of their users either to
their own LLU equipment or to BT DataStream, moving all users off of
IPStream due to the costs. This may explain why the OP is not being
offered Max, as I don't think that Tiscali will provision Max on
DataStream (even though BTwholesale do offer it) due to cost of backhaul
etc.
Old February 12th 08, 03:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jessica B

Try
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/ta...=&offerid=1353

k...