A question for the Fritz! experts here ...

Old February 12th 08, 06:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

Default A question for the Fritz! experts here ...

Posted a question over on uk.telecom earlier today about looking for a
device to do call logging on an analogue (POTS) line. I need to log
outgoing calls - number/time/duration, and a Fritz box was suggested,
but I can't find any hint in the manual of it keeping call logs, so
anyone out there have one and sees if it does indeed log calls?

Cheers,

Gordon
Old February 12th 08, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Gordon Henderson" wrote in
message
: : Posted a question over on uk.telecom earlier today
: : about looking for a device to do call logging on an
: : analogue (POTS) line. I need to log outgoing calls -
: : number/time/duration, and a Fritz box was suggested,
: : but I can't find any hint in the manual of it keeping
: : call logs, so anyone out there have one and sees if it
: : does indeed log calls?

It does indeed. The call log shows incoming and outgoing calls plus
unanswered calls. It also shows the caller ID of an incoming call if
available, plus the number of the line used to make outgoing calls.

You can also enable "click to dial" whereby you click on a number in the
list and it will be dialled for you.

Ivor

Old February 12th 08, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

In message , Gordon Henderson
writes
Posted a question over on uk.telecom earlier today about looking for a
device to do call logging on an analogue (POTS) line. I need to log
outgoing calls - number/time/duration, and a Fritz box was suggested,
but I can't find any hint in the manual of it keeping call logs, so
anyone out there have one and sees if it does indeed log calls?

Cheers,

Gordon

Short answer - yes.

From call list help screen :-

Call List
All successful outgoing calls and all incoming calls are recorded in the
Call List.

Call List

The columns in the Call List mean the following:

The icon at the beginning of each individual entry indicates whether
the call was incoming or outgoing.
Date This field specifies the exact point in time (date and time) at
which the call arrived or was placed.
Name/Number For outgoing calls, the destination number is displayed
here. Incoming calls are displayed with their number if the callers have
enabled the transmission of the Caller ID. Callers included in your
telephone book are displayed by name in the list. If the number is
marked in blue, you can dial the number by simply clicking the list
entry.
Extension For outgoing calls, the extension from which the call was
placed is shown. For incoming calls, the display here shows which
extension was called.
Outgoing Caller ID For outgoing and incoming calls, the connection type
and the local number used to place the call are displayed here.
Dur. The duration of the call in minutes is shown here.

Buttons

Save Saves the Call List to a file.
The download dialog of your browser opens and you can save the Call List
as a text file in CSV format. The text file can then be opened and
evaluated statistically with an appropriate application like a
spreadsheet program. If you do not specify a name for the file in the
download dialog, it is saved under the name "FRITZ!Box_CallList.csv".
Delete List Deletes the Call List.
Refresh Refreshes the the call list display.

HTH

Dave

Old February 12th 08, 08:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article , Dave wrote:
In message , Gordon Henderson
writes
Posted a question over on uk.telecom earlier today about looking for a
device to do call logging on an analogue (POTS) line. I need to log
outgoing calls - number/time/duration, and a Fritz box was suggested,
but I can't find any hint in the manual of it keeping call logs, so
anyone out there have one and sees if it does indeed log calls?

Cheers,

Gordon

Short answer - yes.

From call list help screen :-

Excellent. Thanks (and Thanks to Ivor too)

Cheers,

Gordon
Old February 12th 08, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Gordon Henderson" wrote in message
In article , Dave
wrote:
In message , Gordon Henderson
writes
Posted a question over on uk.telecom earlier today about looking for a
device to do call logging on an analogue (POTS) line. I need to log
outgoing calls - number/time/duration, and a Fritz box was suggested,
but I can't find any hint in the manual of it keeping call logs, so
anyone out there have one and sees if it does indeed log calls?

Cheers,

Gordon

Short answer - yes.

From call list help screen :-

Excellent. Thanks (and Thanks to Ivor too)

Cheers,

Gordon

It can also e-mail you on a daily, weekly or monthly basis an HTML list
together with a csv file called push service.

Old February 13th 08, 08:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Malcolm Loades

In message , Herman
writes
wrote:
In message , Gordon Henderson
writes
Posted a question over on uk.telecom earlier today about looking for a
device to do call logging on an analogue (POTS) line. I need to log
outgoing calls - number/time/duration, and a Fritz box was suggested,
but I can't find any hint in the manual of it keeping call logs, so
anyone out there have one and sees if it does indeed log calls?

Cheers,

Gordon

Short answer - yes.

From call list help screen :-

Excellent. Thanks (and Thanks to Ivor too)

Cheers,

Gordon

It can also e-mail you on a daily, weekly or monthly basis an HTML list
together with a csv file called push service.

How do you configure this? I can't find it anywhere under 'Telephony'.

Thanks.

Malcolm
Old February 13th 08, 12:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JohnF

"Dave" wrote in message
In message , Gordon Henderson
writes
Posted a question over on uk.telecom earlier today about looking for a
device to do call logging on an analogue (POTS) line. I need to log
outgoing calls - number/time/duration, and a Fritz box was suggested,
but I can't find any hint in the manual of it keeping call logs, so
anyone out there have one and sees if it does indeed log calls?

Cheers,

Gordon

Short answer - yes.

snip . . .

But it only stores the most recent 399 calls before overwriting :-)
and looks something like:

Date Name / Number Extension Outgoing
Caller ID Dur.
13.02.08 09:54 12800789xxx4603 DECT Phones Fixed-line network 0:01
13.02.08 09:33 012xxx29522 DECT Phones Voipfone
0:02
12.02.08 16:35 Anne DECT Phones Voipfone
0.12

JohnF

Old February 13th 08, 12:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Thorn

In message , Malcolm Loades
writes
In message , Herman
writes
"Gordon Henderson" wrote in message
It can also e-mail you on a daily, weekly or monthly basis an HTML list
together with a csv file called push service.

How do you configure this? I can't find it anywhere under 'Telephony'.

Settings,system

Dave