freeola changed passwords

Old February 12th 08, 07:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ME&YOU

Default freeola changed passwords

Freeola have changed all the passwords on my email accounts! Any idea why???

Old February 12th 08, 08:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Henry Ross

Freeola have changed all the passwords on my email accounts! Any idea
why???

What did they say when you asked them?

Old February 14th 08, 09:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Castle

"Henry Ross" wrote in message
Freeola have changed all the passwords on my email accounts! Any idea
why???

What did they say when you asked them?

Very helpful.

Old February 14th 08, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Henry Ross

Freeola have changed all the passwords on my email accounts! Any idea
why???

What did they say when you asked them?

Very helpful.

Thanks.

However, sensing the possibility of sarcasm, let me ask this - who is best
placed to answer this question, and to whom should a customer first direct
this question? The ISP, surely?

Old February 14th 08, 03:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Nick Castle" wrote in message

: : "Henry Ross" wrote in message
: : ...
: : : : Freeola have changed all the passwords on my email
: : : : accounts! Any idea why???
: : :
: : : What did they say when you asked them?
: :
: : Very helpful.

But a fair question nonetheless.

Ivor

Old February 14th 08, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Feb 14, 11:20*am, "Henry Ross" wrote:
Freeola have changed all the passwords on my email accounts! Any idea
why???

What did they say when you asked them?

Very helpful.

Thanks.

However, sensing the possibility of sarcasm, let me ask this - who is best
placed to answer this question, and to whom should a customer first direct
this question? *The ISP, surely?

Sorry but I thought you were just having a go at the OP.

OK ISP's *should* be the first port of call for these types of
questions but if they are anything like Tiscali then don't hold your
breath, they havant got a clue!! Posters on these groups can be, and
are a *lot* more knowlegdeble about things.

Don't know about Freeola (the op's ISP) as i've never had dealings.

Nick,
Old February 14th 08, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

wrote:
On Feb 14, 11:20 am, "Henry Ross" wrote:
Freeola have changed all the passwords on my email accounts! Any idea
why???
What did they say when you asked them?
Very helpful.

Thanks.

However, sensing the possibility of sarcasm, let me ask this - who is best
placed to answer this question, and to whom should a customer first direct
this question? The ISP, surely?

Sorry but I thought you were just having a go at the OP.

OK ISP's *should* be the first port of call for these types of
questions but if they are anything like Tiscali then don't hold your
breath, they havant got a clue!! Posters on these groups can be, and
are a *lot* more knowlegdeble about things.

Don't know about Freeola (the op's ISP) as i've never had dealings.

According to their website it was a "security update". Clicking on
"security update" revealed: "Due to a security concern regarding FTP
access to a small number of Freeola hosted web sites, we have decided to
automatically update Freeola passwords for the following services:"
these were web space and e-mail.

It appears they had a problem, possibly limited, and decided to enhance
all relevant passwords

The new e-mail passwords appear to be random letters and numbers so are
likely to be more secure than before.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Old February 14th 08, 08:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

Old Codger wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Just checked the e-mail I received:

"Due to security concerns regarding FTP access to a small number of
Freeola webspaces, we have now updated all Freeola-hosted E-mail and FTP
Webspace passwords. This is a precautionary measure to enhance the
security of our services."

It all ties in with a limited problem and a general security tightening.

The daft thing was that I had to go to their site to find out what the
problem was and then get my new passwords before I could connect to
download the e-mail that told me about it,

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field