Another VOIP

Old February 13th 08, 10:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Custard

Default Another VOIP

I've got BT broadband with BT talk through a Voyager 2500V wireless
modem router.

Now my daughter wants her own VOIP number. Can I use my BT talk and
another VOIP service using my existing Voyager Modem?

Old February 13th 08, 06:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheFug

Custard schreef:
I've got BT broadband with BT talk through a Voyager 2500V wireless
modem router.

Now my daughter wants her own VOIP number. Can I use my BT talk and
another VOIP service using my existing Voyager Modem?

Ask BT

But, ...try this with a softphone, on her wireless (pc) connection,
otherwise a second, (wired) ATA
Does BT have dedicated BT ng's on it's server ? ask (BT) users there...

--

The Fug.

( VoIP/SIP switched by: www.mysipswitch.com )
Old February 14th 08, 04:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Custard:
Can I use my BT talk and another VOIP service using my existing Voyager
Modem?

BT's routers are locked to BT. You can replace the firmware, at least on
some of them, but then you lose the VoIP altogether ! You could try an ATA,
but you may have problem with forwarding ports and one way audio.
Best solution is to get proper VoIP router, Draytek, FritzBox, Zyxel, ZoomX5
etc. and ditch the expensive BT talk !
Regards,
Martin