Pesky Echo

Old February 13th 08, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Default Pesky Echo

Hello

I've been battling an issue with Echo on Analogue extensions of a
Atsterisk PBX.

The analogue extensions are connected to the PBX by way of a Linksys
SPA8000.

There is a fairly long cable length between the SPA8000 & the handsets.

I've twiddled & tweaked, turned echo canx up/down, gains up/down,
turned echo supression on/off.

In the hope that someone can give me a definitive pointer, I ask for
help here..!

Old February 14th 08, 09:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

Jono wrote:
Hello

I've been battling an issue with Echo on Analogue extensions of a
Atsterisk PBX.

The analogue extensions are connected to the PBX by way of a Linksys
SPA8000.

There is a fairly long cable length between the SPA8000 & the handsets.

I've twiddled & tweaked, turned echo canx up/down, gains up/down, turned
echo supression on/off.

In the hope that someone can give me a definitive pointer, I ask for
help here..!

Pretty sure I've spoken to you about this before but who hears the echo?
The people on the analogue extensions or the people at the far end?
Are all the analogue phones the same and if so have you tried using a
different handset to see if that makes a difference?

cheers,
Paul.
Old February 14th 08, 09:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:06:01 +0000, Jono wrote:

The analogue extensions are connected to the PBX by way of a Linksys
SPA8000.

There is a fairly long cable length between the SPA8000 & the handsets.

I've twiddled & tweaked, turned echo canx up/down, gains up/down, turned
echo supression on/off.

In the hope that someone can give me a definitive pointer, I ask for
help here..!

Well, not sure about definitive, but I'd start with a simple process of
elimination. Do you get echo if you plug a handset straight into the
SPA8000 without the long cable in between? Perhaps the SPA8000 is
designed with US line impedence in mind and the handsets are expecting UK
line impedence? Not sure what you can do about that if there isn't a
setting for it, short of getting out the soldering iron...

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
09:35:31 up 5 days, 12:37, 2 users, load average: 1.23, 1.10, 1.02
Old February 14th 08, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Paul Hayes formulated the question :
Jono wrote:
Hello

I've been battling an issue with Echo on Analogue extensions of a Atsterisk
PBX.

The analogue extensions are connected to the PBX by way of a Linksys
SPA8000.

There is a fairly long cable length between the SPA8000 & the handsets.

I've twiddled & tweaked, turned echo canx up/down, gains up/down, turned
echo supression on/off.

In the hope that someone can give me a definitive pointer, I ask for help
here..!

Pretty sure I've spoken to you about this before but who hears the echo?
The people on the analogue extensions or the people at the far end? Are all
the analogue phones the same and if so have you tried using a different
handset to see if that makes a difference?

Yes, Paul, you're right; we have spoken about it.

I've tried different handsets.

The echo heard is by the local analogue extension user & it is their
own voice that is heard.

There is no echo apparent on the Snom handsets.....so am fairly
confident that my problem lies somewhere between the user & the SPA....