Latest attempt at Ban on Downloading

Old February 14th 08, 11:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sla#s

Default Latest attempt at Ban on Downloading

I see that half of all downloads are now TV programs.
http://torrentfreak.com/50-percent-b...ads-tv-080214/

So you're going to be disconnected for watching TV programs!

Slatts

Old February 14th 08, 11:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Sla#s wrote:
I see that half of all downloads are now TV programs.
http://torrentfreak.com/50-percent-b...ads-tv-080214/

So you're going to be disconnected for watching TV programs!

Slatts

If all the people that watch reality TV were permanently disconnected,
it would be a better world altogether IMHO.
Old February 15th 08, 10:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 23:18:30 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Sla#s wrote:
I see that half of all downloads are now TV programs.
http://torrentfreak.com/50-percent-b...ads-tv-080214/

So you're going to be disconnected for watching TV programs!

Slatts

If all the people that watch reality TV were permanently disconnected,
it would be a better world altogether IMHO.

If most of those taking part were also...

Isn't 'reality TV' an oxymoron?
--
Peter.
It's not rocket science, you know.
Old February 15th 08, 07:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sla#s

Sla#s wrote:
I see that half of all downloads are now TV programs.
http://torrentfreak.com/50-percent-b...ads-tv-080214/

So you're going to be disconnected for watching TV programs!

Slatts

If all the people that watch reality TV were permanently
disconnected, it would be a better world altogether IMHO.

If most of those taking part were also...

Isn't 'reality TV' an oxymoron?

So True :-)

Most of the downloads tend to the more intelligent side of programming.
Nice to see a British program at No 2.

Top Torrent TV-Shows 2007
(downloads most popular episode on Mininova)

1 Heroes (2.439.154)
2 Top Gear (1.217.923)
3 Battlestar Galactica (706.209)
4 Lost (705.724)
5 Prison Break (608.487)
6 Desperate Housewives (457.805)
7 24 (524.303)
8 Family Guy (522.839)
9 Dexter (435.670)
10 Scrubs (427.420)

Slatts
Old February 15th 08, 07:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

Sla#s wrote:

Most of the downloads tend to the more intelligent side of programming.

Euh....

2 Top Gear (1.217.923)

"intelligent side..." gnn..... divide by hamster error, redo from start.
Old February 15th 08, 08:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

Sla#s wrote:
I see that half of all downloads are now TV programs.
http://torrentfreak.com/50-percent-b...ads-tv-080214/

So you're going to be disconnected for watching TV programs!

Slatts

If all the people that watch reality TV were permanently
disconnected, it would be a better world altogether IMHO.

If most of those taking part were also...

Isn't 'reality TV' an oxymoron?

So True :-)

Most of the downloads tend to the more intelligent side of programming.
Nice to see a British program at No 2.

That's intelligent? - load of planet-polluting itbeciles!

Old February 15th 08, 10:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
critcher

Sla#s wrote:
[...]

imop this is a deliberate policy to cut the amount of downloads so that
there is enough left for
downloads that can be charged for.

Old February 16th 08, 12:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

imop this is a deliberate policy to cut the amount of downloads so that
there is enough left for
downloads that can be charged for.

You may have a point there

Hamster = Richard Hammond