Marxist New Labour Joins China, North Korea in Secretly ImplementingGlobal "Harm-Free" Internet Filtering For UK Adults

Old February 16th 08, 03:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.politics.misc,alt.conspiracy,uk.comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.advocacy

Default Marxist New Labour Joins China, North Korea in Secretly ImplementingGlobal "Harm-Free" Internet Filtering For UK Adults

You’re now viewing a state-mandated subset of the internet. How do you
feel about that?

As of December 31 last, all UK ISPs dutifully responded to Home Office
minister Vernon Coaker’s request to ‘voluntarily’ sign up for the
Cleanfeed system.

Thus, as in China, the British have sheepishly agreed to have their
Internet content, filtered, censored and where the Internet Watch
Foundation (IWF) or the Home Office decide blocked. This despite there
being no legislation to support the Cleanfeed system.

British Telecom developed Cleanfeed. A list of IP addresses is drawn
up by the ‘industry watchdog’, the Internet Watch Foundation, supplied
to the Home Office which then augments it, and then handed to ISPs
with the order to block traffic to and from those addresses.

As the Legalize Cannabis Alliance points out, no one except the Home
Office knows what’s on that final list. We were originally led to
believe that it would be purely a list of child pornography sites. It
has now expanded. No one outside government knows what is on it, not
even the ISPs. They block; they don’t look.

The Legalize Cannabis Alliance published an attack on the UK Cleanfeed
action on Tuesday, 22 January 2008 under the title ‘Internet
Censorship in the UK’. Like this web site, the LCA has also suffered
Google censorship.

Here are some highlights from the LCA article.

You’re now viewing a state-mandated subset of the internet. How do you
feel about that?

Like to vote against it? You can’t.

Like your MP to sit on a committee to oversee implementation? He
can’t.

Like to know if the Google results you’re seeing are a full
representation of Google’s actual results? You can’t.

Censorship at this level - above even ISPs, is all but invisible to
the end user. It’s a secret that they’re keeping these secrets from
you, (and me).

Now, this isn’t China you might say, we trust our government to only
censor material that needs censoring. Sure?

This is the same government that has leaned on ISPs inside the UK, and
outside, not with the intention of blocking illegal or obscene
material, but simply sites that irritated, embarrassed, or offended
the government.

Not using legal methods either - a court order, say - but bullying and
threats.

And this is the same government that was only beaten by one vote in
the House of Lords, on their 2006 proposal to force UK ISPs to drop
sites on the say-so of a single police officer.

This is, remember, that same government that’s constantly telling us,
with regard to ID cards, that if you have nothing to hide, you have
nothing to fear. Why then, do they hide this list?

Editor. And don’t forget that this government is about to introduce
the criminalization of extreme porn (including spanking!). Watch the
dawn raids with TV crews filming when that happens.

June

Homepage: http://www.inquisition21.com
Old February 16th 08, 04:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.politics.misc,alt.conspiracy,uk.comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.advocacy
Mark McIntyre

Default Marxist New Labour blabla

wrote:

(snip tripe)

The subject line made me giggle: New Labour - Marxist? I haven't laughed
so much since I don't know when.

Old February 16th 08, 04:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.politics.misc,alt.conspiracy,uk.comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.advocacy
DVH

"Mark McIntyre" wrote in message

(snip tripe)

The subject line made me giggle:

Nervous?

New Labour - Marxist? I haven't laughed so much since I don't know when.

Marxists aren't known for a sense of humour, so why were you laughing?

Old February 16th 08, 04:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.politics.misc,alt.conspiracy,uk.comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.advocacy
The Natural Philosopher

Mark McIntyre wrote:
wrote:

(snip tripe)

The subject line made me giggle: New Labour - Marxist? I haven't laughed
so much since I don't know when.

Nu Laber is about as far from Marxism, as Stalin was.

And Marism is about as far removed from reality as either of them are
from Marxism.

Old February 16th 08, 05:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.politics.misc,alt.conspiracy,uk.comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.advocacy
DVH

DVH wrote:
"Mark McIntyre" wrote in message

(snip tripe)

The subject line made me giggle:

Nervous?

Amusing crosspost list. Hope you're enjoying yourselves.

Anything to say about this:

Old February 16th 08, 06:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.politics.misc,alt.conspiracy,uk.comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.advocacy
Alex Wilson

DVH wrote:
[...]

Ok that is rather worrying, in fact it's bloody outrageous!
But calling new labour marxist IS ****ing hilarious....christ I remember
when the labour party was sort of a working class affair...seems a lifetime
ago.

Alex

Old February 16th 08, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.politics.misc,alt.conspiracy
Eeyore

Mark McIntyre wrote:

wrote:

(snip tripe)

The subject line made me giggle: New Labour - Marxist? I haven't laughed
so much since I don't know when.

Stalinist more like.

Graham

Old February 16th 08, 06:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 18:30:17 +0000, Eeyore
wrote:

Mark McIntyre wrote:

wrote:

(snip tripe)

The subject line made me giggle: New Labour - Marxist? I haven't laughed
so much since I don't know when.

Stalinist more like.

Thatcherite is the common term used to describe their policies.
--

Martin

Old February 16th 08, 09:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 19:34:07 +0100, Martin wrote:

Thatcherite is the common term used to describe their policies.

Ah dear Mrs Thatcher how I long for her to move back into No 10
and kick out the scum bag that resides there now, she never will of
course but maybe someone like her will one day though hopefully .
Old February 16th 08, 11:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.politics.misc,alt.conspiracy,uk.comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.advocacy
Sandman

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 18:17:02 +0000, Alex Wilson wrote:

"DVH" wrote in message

Homepage: http://www.inquisition21.com

Ok that is rather worrying, in fact it's bloody outrageous!
But calling new labour marxist IS ****ing hilarious....christ I remember
when the labour party was sort of a working class affair...seems a lifetime
ago.

More to the point... Although as you say, the way that this filtering is
being done *is* worrying, and it *is* being set up in a way with the
potential for political abuse on the China model, that site's tone is also
worrying. At inquisition21.com, they mainly seem to be worried about
the prosecution of paedos. So I hope the ****ers there burn in hell.