Zen half speed over past few weeks

Old February 19th 08, 08:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken

Default Zen half speed over past few weeks

Anyone else, with Zen, seen their speed drop in recent weeks. I am normally
very stable at 2mb but for weeks now it has been just under 1mb?

Ken

Old February 19th 08, 09:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Count de Monet

Ken wrote:
Anyone else, with Zen, seen their speed drop in recent weeks. I am normally
very stable at 2mb but for weeks now it has been just under 1mb?

Ken

Speed for me is much lower around teatime just lately
Old February 19th 08, 09:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken

"Count de Monet" wrote in message
Ken wrote:
Anyone else, with Zen, seen their speed drop in recent weeks. I am
normally very stable at 2mb but for weeks now it has been just under 1mb?

Ken

Speed for me is much lower around teatime just lately

Mine is the slower speed all day as I work from home and online a lot.

Old February 19th 08, 09:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Ken wrote:
Anyone else, with Zen, seen their speed drop in recent weeks. I am normally
very stable at 2mb but for weeks now it has been just under 1mb?

Ken

Not only hare we synching 0.5Mbps slower than usual, but we have lost
one digital TV MUX completely, and are getting Dutch TV instead..bloody
tropospherics or summat.

I WANT FIBRE!!!

Old February 20th 08, 08:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Count de Monet

Ken wrote:
Anyone else, with Zen, seen their speed drop in recent weeks. I am normally
very stable at 2mb but for weeks now it has been just under 1mb?

Ken

Bad this morning

http://www.speedtest.net/result/236575060.png

I usually average 7400 Kb/s this time of day

I'm on 8Mb ADSL Max
Old February 20th 08, 08:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken

Ken wrote:
Anyone else, with Zen, seen their speed drop in recent weeks. I am
normally very stable at 2mb but for weeks now it has been just under 1mb?

Ken

Bad this morning

http://www.speedtest.net/result/236575060.png

I usually average 7400 Kb/s this time of day

I'm on 8Mb ADSL Max

http://www.speedtest.net/result/236580719.png

Mine is till below 1mb!!!!! I am not sure why I stick to Zen as they are
looking very expensive and willbe looking into alternative especially in
view of the slower speed.

Ken

Old February 20th 08, 08:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick

Ken wrote:
Anyone else, with Zen, seen their speed drop in recent weeks. I am
normally very stable at 2mb but for weeks now it has been just under 1mb?

Ken

Bad this morning

http://www.speedtest.net/result/236575060.png

I usually average 7400 Kb/s this time of day

I'm on 8Mb ADSL Max

http://www.speedtest.net/result/236580719.png

Mine is till below 1mb!!!!! I am not sure why I stick to Zen as they are
looking very expensive and willbe looking into alternative especially in
view of the slower speed.

Ken

It is possible this slow down is due to your sync speeds. If you log
onto the Zen customer portal you can look at your line details. In this
case you probably want to look at your BRAS profile. This is determined
by BT and limits how fast you can download. If this has been set lower
recently it is probably due to problems with your line. This is
something Zen have little control over.

On the other hand if you do have a good line and the slow down is due
to Zen I would migrate to another supplier.
Old February 20th 08, 12:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AnthonyL

Ken wrote:
Anyone else, with Zen, seen their speed drop in recent weeks. I am
normally very stable at 2mb but for weeks now it has been just under 1mb?

Ken

Bad this morning

http://www.speedtest.net/result/236575060.png

I usually average 7400 Kb/s this time of day

I'm on 8Mb ADSL Max

http://www.speedtest.net/result/236580719.png

Mine is till below 1mb!!!!! I am not sure why I stick to Zen as they are
looking very expensive and willbe looking into alternative especially in
view of the slower speed.

One advantage of Zen is that their customer/technical support do
respond. Try them and I'm sure they will investigate.

--
AnthonyL
Old February 20th 08, 07:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken

Ken wrote:
[...]

Took a look at the portal and it said line able to get 1000 kbps whereas
previously this had been set at 2000. Spoke to Zen who suggest resetting
router which I have just done but still no improvement. Mmm I guess I may
call them in the morning and see what they suggest next.

Ken

Old February 20th 08, 07:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Whinging Courier

In article , says...

http://www.kelloggs.co.uk/products/a..._original.aspx