draytek 2600vg adsl problems

Old February 20th 08, 03:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default draytek 2600vg adsl problems

Hi all,
We use the Draytek 2600vg's across 5 sites for their VPN capability.
Untill now they been very solid & reliable, however over the last 2
months we have had 4 fail. They don't detect a DSL connection.
Switching the routers to any other type tests OK. We have tried
firmware upgrade, factory resets, resetting and manually retyping in
the config in case it got corrupted etc... with no luck. Has anybody
else experienced this behaviour with these routers??
Thanks, Blair.
Old February 20th 08, 09:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
wrote:
Hi all,
We use the Draytek 2600vg's across 5 sites for their VPN capability.
Untill now they been very solid & reliable, however over the last 2
months we have had 4 fail. They don't detect a DSL connection.
Switching the routers to any other type tests OK. We have tried
firmware upgrade, factory resets, resetting and manually retyping in
the config in case it got corrupted etc... with no luck. Has anybody
else experienced this behaviour with these routers??

2600's ... They're o-l-d and wearing out...

You can still get them on eBay though, but I've more or less stopped
using them now.

Gordon
Old February 20th 08, 10:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

"Gordon Henderson" wrote in message
In article
,
wrote:
Hi all,
We use the Draytek 2600vg's across 5 sites for their VPN capability.
Untill now they been very solid & reliable, however over the last 2
months we have had 4 fail. They don't detect a DSL connection.
Switching the routers to any other type tests OK. We have tried
firmware upgrade, factory resets, resetting and manually retyping in
the config in case it got corrupted etc... with no luck. Has anybody
else experienced this behaviour with these routers??

2600's ... They're o-l-d and wearing out...

You can still get them on eBay though, but I've more or less stopped
using them now.

The UK distributors will repair them on a time and materials basis once they
are out of warranty. This may be quite competitive.

--
Graham J

Old February 23rd 08, 12:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

"Jon" wrote in message
In article fe3599fc-115a-47c0-ad4a-
, says...
Hi all,
We use the Draytek 2600vg's across 5 sites for their VPN capability.
Untill now they been very solid & reliable, however over the last 2
months we have had 4 fail. They don't detect a DSL connection.
Switching the routers to any other type tests OK. We have tried
firmware upgrade, factory resets, resetting and manually retyping in
the config in case it got corrupted etc... with no luck. Has anybody
else experienced this behaviour with these routers??
Thanks, Blair.

No. Had one for getting on 3 years, solid as a rock.

You could try firmware upgrade for a different DSLAM type? Or maybe the
back end of the connectivity has changed? New gear at the exchange?

Are the sites close to each other?

Provide you have the correct VCI/VPI values the router should detect the DSL
connection and report "showtime", the modulation type "G.DMT", together with
the up and down speed, SNR margin, and line attenuation.

If other routers work on these lines, you should try the Vigor router on
another known good line elsewhere. If the Vigor doesn't work there, then it
does look like it has died. Is there any similarity in their serial numbers
which would suggest they are all from the same batch?

--
Graham J

Old February 23rd 08, 12:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 22-Feb-2008, Jon wrote:

We have tried
firmware upgrade, factory resets, resetting and manually retyping in
the config in case it got corrupted etc... with no luck. Has anybody
else experienced this behaviour with these routers??

Draytek have good tech. support, and a forum.

They don't detect a DSL connection.

If you are saying they don't connect I'm wondering if the
front end has been fried, lightning strike or something.