Tiscali outage

Old February 21st 08, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Tiscali outage

A friend has had problems since Monday where she got messages about "unable
to connect to the server" when trying to access the internet. She went
through the Tiscali uninstall/re-install procedure (several times) to no
avail.
Now she has 2 green lights on the speedtouch 330 but still gets the error
message. Is this likely to be due to the outage messages on the service
status page or could it be unrelated ?
Old February 21st 08, 07:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

wrote in message
A friend has had problems since Monday where she got messages about "unable
to connect to the server" when trying to access the internet. She went
through the Tiscali uninstall/re-install procedure (several times) to no
avail.
Now she has 2 green lights on the speedtouch 330 but still gets the error
message. Is this likely to be due to the outage messages on the service
status page or could it be unrelated ?

I have had numerous 'chap authentication error' on router logs, for accounts
that have the right account and username, after several hours the router
will connect. Seen it on a couple of tiscali accounts very recently...

Gaz

Old February 22nd 08, 09:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Gaz wrote:
wrote in message
A friend has had problems since Monday where she got messages about "unable
to connect to the server" when trying to access the internet. She went
through the Tiscali uninstall/re-install procedure (several times) to no
avail.
Now she has 2 green lights on the speedtouch 330 but still gets the error
message. Is this likely to be due to the outage messages on the service
status page or could it be unrelated ?

I have had numerous 'chap authentication error' on router logs, for accounts
that have the right account and username, after several hours the router
will connect. Seen it on a couple of tiscali accounts very recently...

Gaz

So, their radius servers are shagged.

Old February 22nd 08, 09:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

Gaz wrote:
wrote in message
A friend has had problems since Monday where she got messages about
"unable
to connect to the server" when trying to access the internet. She went
through the Tiscali uninstall/re-install procedure (several times) to no
avail.
Now she has 2 green lights on the speedtouch 330 but still gets the
error
message. Is this likely to be due to the outage messages on the service
status page or could it be unrelated ?

I have had numerous 'chap authentication error' on router logs, for
accounts that have the right account and username, after several hours
the router will connect. Seen it on a couple of tiscali accounts very
recently...

Gaz

So, their radius servers are shagged.

I have been trying to set up a Tiscali broadband connection for a friend
since last Sunday (01822 exchange). Connected briefly (using Siemens router
supplied by Tiscali) and then unable to connect. ADSL light green but data
light is off or red. Eventually contacted Tiscali by phone (India I think)
they informed me that their service was being upgraded and that there would
be no service for several days more! Could not be more specific. Still no
service today and status page does not reflect the problems being
experienced. Presumably some money back due?

Peter

Old February 22nd 08, 10:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
WCZ

"Peter" wrote in message

Gaz wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

I think you're dreaming there. I've not read the Ts&Cs but I'd be very
surprised if there wasn't something to cover outages in there.

Peter

Old February 22nd 08, 12:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Peter wrote:

Gaz wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, that's useful to know. I've not heard from her since yesterday so
she's either connected or given up for now. I'll pass this on to her.