Voipcheap working with Voxalot

Old February 22nd 08, 11:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

Default Voipcheap working with Voxalot

Now that my annual voip.co.uk 'UK pack' is coming to an end with no
prospect in sight of being able to renew it (please correct me if I am
wrong), I am considering voipcheap.com
I know there were issues with its use with Voxalot but I think those
issues were ironed out. Does it work OK now?

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---
Old February 22nd 08, 06:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheFug

Brian A schreef:
Now that my annual voip.co.uk 'UK pack' is coming to an end with no
prospect in sight of being able to renew it (please correct me if I am
wrong), I am considering voipcheap.com
I know there were issues with its use with Voxalot but I think those
issues were ironed out. Does it work OK now?

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---

Did you try MysipSwitch ? it has some nice new features now....

and no fees....

--

The Fug.

( VoIP/SIP switched by: www.mysipswitch.com )
Old February 22nd 08, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"TheFug" wrote in message
Brian A schreef:
Now that my annual voip.co.uk 'UK pack' is coming to an end with no
prospect in sight of being able to renew it (please correct me if I am
wrong), I am considering voipcheap.com
I know there were issues with its use with Voxalot but I think those
issues were ironed out. Does it work OK now?

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---

Did you try MysipSwitch ? it has some nice new features now....

Hi The Fug,
I can get my Sipgate and Orbtalk accounts to register with mysipswitch
and the phone rings, but no audio in either direction. Any idea what I am
doing wrong? I have tried forwarding the usual ports to my ATA, and even
putting the ATA into the DMZ but I have made no progress. router is a
Netgear DG834PN and the ATA is a Linksys PAP2.
--
Graham

%Profound_observation%

Old February 22nd 08, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Brian A" wrote in message
Now that my annual voip.co.uk 'UK pack' is coming to an end with no
prospect in sight of being able to renew it (please correct me if I am
wrong), I am considering voipcheap.com
I know there were issues with its use with Voxalot but I think those
issues were ironed out. Does it work OK now?

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---

Outbound works OK for me. I use voip.co.uk for inbound, which would seem to
suit your situation as well. I think inbound works but I haven't tried it
to tell you the truth (05 number)

I even have parallel ringing on my mobile sorted through voipcheap by
setting up multiple SIP accounts in voip.co.uk (one registered to my
Fritzbox, one to Voxalot)

However, be careful with Voipcheap now, as the have added a handling charge
on as well now when you top up. I still consider them fairly cheap, but I
am keeping my eyes open.

Old February 23rd 08, 12:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 19:06:38 +0100, TheFug wrote:

Brian A schreef:
Now that my annual voip.co.uk 'UK pack' is coming to an end with no
prospect in sight of being able to renew it (please correct me if I am
wrong), I am considering voipcheap.com
I know there were issues with its use with Voxalot but I think those
issues were ironed out. Does it work OK now?

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---

Did you try MysipSwitch ? it has some nice new features now....

and no fees....

Yes, I have looked at MySipSwitch. I am not sure what the new features
are as I can only see registrations and dial plan. Currently, I assume
that you have to do any call forwarding with the dial plan. I haven't
worked out how to do that yet. A GUI would help as well as a formal
manual such as that, that was featured on EasyPABX. . Are there any
MySipSwitch features other than those I have mentioned ?

I am currently paid up to Voxalot so I would like to use that, at
least until I am fully conversant with MySipSwitch and see that it
does what I want it to do - and that it is reliable of course. A
feature with MySipSwitch that is different to Voxalot is that, if the
called party doesn't answer, the call routes back to the voicemail of
the called account. That can sometimes be an advantage but, anyway,
there doesn't appear to be a voicemail service with MySipSwitch.

Finally, can anyone comment on my original query re the reliable
operation of Voxalot with Voipcheap?

---
Old February 23rd 08, 12:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 23:14:54 -0000, "Herman"
wrote:

"Brian A" wrote in message
.. .
Now that my annual voip.co.uk 'UK pack' is coming to an end with no
prospect in sight of being able to renew it (please correct me if I am
wrong), I am considering voipcheap.com
I know there were issues with its use with Voxalot but I think those
issues were ironed out. Does it work OK now?

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---

Outbound works OK for me. I use voip.co.uk for inbound, which would seem to
suit your situation as well. I think inbound works but I haven't tried it
to tell you the truth (05 number)

Strange, I have a Geo number. I didn't know they did non-geos.
Like you I don't use it for incoming anyway.

I even have parallel ringing on my mobile sorted through voipcheap by
setting up multiple SIP accounts in voip.co.uk (one registered to my
Fritzbox, one to Voxalot)

Interesting, I haven't tried that.
I simply register with Voxalot and then use various providers for
outgoing calls both directly, from an SPA-3000, and via Voxalot.

However, be careful with Voipcheap now, as the have added a handling charge
on as well now when you top up. I still consider them fairly cheap, but I
am keeping my eyes open.

Thanks for those comments.
I did find a site that let you have 120 days 'free calls' after
crediting but the site was so poor that I didn't pursue it.
I do have Vyke and they are OK, but during the time that I used them
exclusively, for UK calls, there were times when they weree down.
Things might have imporved now. I might go back to using them and see
how things go. They charge 2p/call so the price is good.

---
Old February 23rd 08, 02:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Brian A" wrote in message
I did find a site that let you have 120 days 'free calls' after
crediting but the site was so poor that I didn't pursue it.

I think I am up to around 200 free days now with voipcheap.... Their way of
calculating free days (fortunately) doesn't work entirely as they say it
should.

BTW forgot to mention that I use .com service not .co.uk. Could explain
some of the differences

Old February 23rd 08, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 14:37:52 -0000, "Herman"
wrote:

"Brian A" wrote in message
.. .
I did find a site that let you have 120 days 'free calls' after
crediting but the site was so poor that I didn't pursue it.

I think I am up to around 200 free days now with voipcheap.... Their way of
calculating free days (fortunately) doesn't work entirely as they say it
should.

BTW forgot to mention that I use .com service not .co.uk. Could explain
some of the differences

Yes, I would be using the .com site because, unlike the UK site, they
have the UK included in the free destinations.

---
Old February 24th 08, 03:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheFug

Graham. schreef:
"TheFug" wrote in message
Brian A schreef:
Now that my annual voip.co.uk 'UK pack' is coming to an end with no
prospect in sight of being able to renew it (please correct me if I am
wrong), I am considering voipcheap.com
I know there were issues with its use with Voxalot but I think those
issues were ironed out. Does it work OK now?

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---

Did you try MysipSwitch ? it has some nice new features now....

Hi The Fug,
I can get my Sipgate and Orbtalk accounts to register with mysipswitch
and the phone rings, but no audio in either direction. Any idea what I am
doing wrong? I have tried forwarding the usual ports to my ATA, and even
putting the ATA into the DMZ but I have made no progress. router is a
Netgear DG834PN and the ATA is a Linksys PAP2.

Most of the time it's a NAT or port forwarding problem. with a
softphone, you have no problems ?
Check the monitor screen on your Mysipswitch login, if it gives no clues
to you, post the log in the techical support forum of Mysipswitch, leave
private sensitive information out of the log....

Old February 24th 08, 03:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheFug

Brian A schreef:
[...]

You can check the forums for user guides, and features, these will
explain a lot for you.
The renewed setup is now, that you can create settings per provider, and
use only the name for that provider in your dialplan.