Tiscali Talk Query - 18866/18185 available??

Old February 23rd 08, 10:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ron Wilkes

Default Tiscali Talk Query - 18866/18185 available??

Can I still use 18866 or 18185 on Tiscali Talk? Or are these services
unavailable on this service?
Easy to check... if you are already on Tiscali Talk, dial 18866 or 18185 and
let me know if you can reach the service.

Thanks a lot...
Ron

Old February 23rd 08, 10:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Ron Wilkes formulated on Saturday :
Can I still use 18866 or 18185 on Tiscali Talk? Or are these services
unavailable on this service?
Easy to check... if you are already on Tiscali Talk, dial 18866 or 18185 and
let me know if you can reach the service.

Sorry, not a Tiscali user.

However, if you will be continuing to pay line rental to BT, then
18866, 18185 & 1899 access codes will continue to work.

However, if you're going to be paying line rental to any other service
provider, they have the right & ability to block your access to
indirect carries at the click of a button AT ANY TIME (& and a cost to
them of about 40p per month)

Old February 23rd 08, 11:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ron Wilkes

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Ron Wilkes formulated on Saturday :
Can I still use 18866 or 18185 on Tiscali Talk? Or are these services
unavailable on this service?
Easy to check... if you are already on Tiscali Talk, dial 18866 or 18185

and
let me know if you can reach the service.

Sorry, not a Tiscali user.

However, if you will be continuing to pay line rental to BT, then
18866, 18185 & 1899 access codes will continue to work.

However, if you're going to be paying line rental to any other service
provider, they have the right & ability to block your access to
indirect carries at the click of a button AT ANY TIME (& and a cost to
them of about 40p per month)

Tiscali called me last night offering free weekend and evening calls...
When I asked if 18866 or 18185 would still be available he wouldn't/couldn't
say!
Infact Im not sure if he knew what I was talking about at all... He said
if I moved to the new service he would reduce the broadband cost from 17.99
to 14.99.
It was some sort of bundle offer. Whats the catch, there has to be one.....
I dont want to lose 18185 in the process....

Ron

Old February 23rd 08, 11:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Ron Wilkes wrote:
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

As Jono said, you will be at Tiscali's mercy - they may allow it, they may
not. Even if they do, they can stop it at any time - it's completely up to
them and you have no say in it.

BT are the only ones who *have* to let you use CPS (Carrier PreSelect, ie,
18185, 18866 etc) *by law*.

John

Old February 23rd 08, 12:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Castle

On Feb 23, 10:35 am, "Ron Wilkes" wrote:
Can I still use 18866 or 18185 on Tiscali Talk? Or are these services
unavailable on this service?
Easy to check... if you are already on Tiscali Talk, dial 18866 or 18185 and
let me know if you can reach the service.

Thanks a lot...
Ron

On Tiscali LLU all 1xx access numbers a blocked, You will only be able
to use them if you are on their WLR product.

Nick
Old February 23rd 08, 02:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Ron Wilkes wrote:
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I've read a few times that 18185, 1899, 18866 are blocked.

If you want evening and weekend calls for no extra cost have a look at
Primus Saver 2, for no monthly fee you get inclusive evening and weekend
calls, each call can last up to 90 mins, after 90 mins hang up and re-dial
or pay 1p/min there on. Daytime rate doesn't start until 08:00 and not
06:00 so 2 extra hours per weekday of inclusive calls. You can also add on
the Penny Mobile option if you wished, so calls to UK mobiles are 20p for 20
mins - after 20 mins the usual rate applies, does also mean very short calls
are 20p too, but it is an free option, you don't have to go for it.

Primus will ask about moving line rental to them, you don't want to do that
as they could eventually block access to other providers, plus if you later
want to move line rental back to BT then it's a hassle and cost. Line
rental should never be moved away from BT - not wise.

Primus Saver 2: http://www.planet-talk.co.uk/SaverPr...x?source=saver

See also:
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...74&postcount=3

--
http://www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk/pcpro
http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/dyna/r...rchives_en.cfm

Old February 23rd 08, 05:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

BT are the only ones who *have* to let you use CPS (Carrier PreSelect, ie,
18185, 18866 etc) *by law*.

John

I think we are talking about alternative carriers that you access manually,
CPS by definition is the default routing and does not require the subscriber
to dial any access number.
I think even BT reserve the right to block alternative carriers on
their Light Users Scheme, assuming it still exists.
When I rented a holiday cottage some years ago with a
LUS line, I discovered all the 1XXX codes were barred
but several 0800 access numbers were available.

It also reminds me of the good old days when T-Mobile
allowed unmetered 0800 calls but would block the ones
that they discovered were alternative carriers. Some of
the more intrepid carriers changed their 0800 access
regularly to keep ahead of the game.
--
Graham

%Profound_observation%

Old February 23rd 08, 05:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Graham. wrote:
BT are the only ones who *have* to let you use CPS (Carrier
PreSelect, ie, 18185, 18866 etc) *by law*.

John

I think we are talking about alternative carriers that you access
manually, CPS by definition is the default routing and does not
require the subscriber to dial any access number.
I think even BT reserve the right to block alternative carriers on
their Light Users Scheme, assuming it still exists.
When I rented a holiday cottage some years ago with a
LUS line, I discovered all the 1XXX codes were barred
but several 0800 access numbers were available.

It also reminds me of the good old days when T-Mobile
allowed unmetered 0800 calls but would block the ones
that they discovered were alternative carriers. Some of
the more intrepid carriers changed their 0800 access
regularly to keep ahead of the game.

I used to use Telco on my mobile (One2One / T-Mobile), the number would get
blocked, but you called up and got another access number.

Old February 23rd 08, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

It also reminds me of the good old days when T-Mobile
allowed unmetered 0800 calls but would block the ones
that they discovered were alternative carriers. Some of
the more intrepid carriers changed their 0800 access
regularly to keep ahead of the game.

I used to use Telco on my mobile (One2One / T-Mobile), the number would
get blocked, but you called up and got another access number.

Yes, we speak of the same carrier Telco. It was the first one I used,
then I used 18866 for a while. I found my account details on
one of my other computers, the access was 1696, in fact it still is,
and my landline is still registered and seems to be in credit!
How do I log into my account? www.telcoglobal.com does not work,
I seem to remember they were taken over by C&W or NTL
(or perhaps its all the same thing, I can't remember)
According to my notes it was Orange not One 2 One/T Mobile that
had free 0800 access
Telcoglobal had good support, and I needed it on a few occasions
for example when I added the landline of the cottage I mentioned,
their system wouldn't let me remove the number because it had 10
rather than 11 digits (IIRC)

Graham.
%Profound_observation%