fritzbox

Old February 23rd 08, 10:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bob garbutt

Default fritzbox

Hi there,

Anyone using a Fritzbox on here?

Bob
Old February 23rd 08, 11:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"bob garbutt" wrote in message

: : Hi there,
: :
: : Anyone using a Fritzbox on here?
: :
: : Bob

Yes, plenty of us. Which model and what's the question about it..?

Ivor

Old February 23rd 08, 12:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

Old February 23rd 08, 01:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bob garbutt

Ivor Jones wrote:
"bob garbutt" wrote in message
: : Hi there,
: : : : Anyone using a Fritzbox on here?
: : : : Bob

Yes, plenty of us. Which model and what's the question about it..?

Ivor

hi, Ivor

I have the fone ata with two separate lines, I think it the 1020 model,
I updates to the latest firmware the other evening, because the volume
on the device was a little low, it seemed to improve that and allowed
extra option, but caused a problem when I called a mate who as a sipura
device and is also on Sipgate, it keeped causing his device to re-set
every time the phone rang at his end of the call, I was also wondering
out to set the device to all me to reduce allow for local calls, a
example would be instead of dialing 02082874189 I could just dial a
local number, I'm used to dial plans on the sipura device.

I notice they have forum, but no English ones!

Cheers, Bob
Old February 23rd 08, 01:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bob garbutt

Herman wrote:
"bob garbutt" wrote in message
Hi there,

Anyone using a Fritzbox on here?

Bob

yes

which one do you have?

Bob
Old February 23rd 08, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"bob garbutt" wrote in message
. uk...
Ivor Jones wrote:
[...]

Suspect his problem is his router or other device on his network. I had a
BT Voyager once that locked up occasionally when SIP traffic passed through.
Alternatively he may need to open some ports on his router, or the Sipura
may have some settings that need adjusting (no experience of these
unfortunately)

Your volume issue may be caused by the regional settings in the Fritz. In
my 7050 I can change this in Settings Telephony Regional options. You
may find that this has reset as a result of your firmware upgrade.

To be honest, I found the firmware updates on my Fritz caused more problems
than they solved. For instance, 3 way calling no longer works for me.

Old February 23rd 08, 04:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bob garbutt

Ivor Jones wrote:
[...]

cheers Ivor, I've set the regional options to the uk, although not sure
the the tones it generates are uk, the sipura as great options for
changing various tones, what did you do for the dialing option to avoid
having to dial the whole sat code on a local call/
Old February 23rd 08, 05:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"bob garbutt" wrote in message
news
Herman wrote:

[...]

Think you meant Herman... anyway, the tones aren't regionalised
unfortunately on the Fritz. Doesn't bother me but could be a bit annoying,
I agree.

I have seen other comments on the Sipura. Tones etc seem to be very
configurable but a little fiddly if I remember correctly.

Old February 23rd 08, 05:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Herman" wrote in message

I have seen other comments on the Sipura. Tones etc seem to be very
configurable but a little fiddly if I remember correctly.

As if by magic, Jono has just posted the Sipura regional settings in the
thread
"Configuring Sipura SPA3102". Must've read your mind...

Cheers,

Herman

Old February 23rd 08, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bob garbutt

Herman wrote:
"Herman" wrote in message

I have seen other comments on the Sipura. Tones etc seem to be very
configurable but a little fiddly if I remember correctly.

As if by magic, Jono has just posted the Sipura regional settings in the
thread
"Configuring Sipura SPA3102". Must've read your mind...

Cheers,

Herman

cheers mate,

What about settings for local calls, that could be done on a dial plan
with the sipura, dont want to dial the full 0108 thingy for local calls etc