Anybody having feedback on O2 [email protected] line?

Old February 24th 08, 09:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Anybody having feedback on O2 [email protected] line?

Hi, am currently on Virgin [email protected] line and planning to switch to
O2 [email protected] line for GBP 7.50 per month(8MB speed, unlimited
downloads). Anybody having recent experience of O2 broadband please,
in terms of speed etc?

Thanks and Regards,
Sherkhanthegreat(shammi777)
Old February 25th 08, 02:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woby Tide

On Feb 24, 9:13*am, "
wrote:
Hi, am currently on Virgin [email protected] line and planning to switch to
O2 [email protected] line for GBP 7.50 per month(8MB speed, unlimited
downloads). Anybody having recent experience of O2 broadband please,
in terms of speed etc?

Thanks and Regards,
Sherkhanthegreat(shammi777)

rapidly going down the pan due to an influx of people on cheap deals
with unlimited downloads
Old February 25th 08, 04:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood

Capacity upgrades are scheduled though and should be in place in the next
few weeks
I'd rather have congestion for a few weeks than traffic management or
throttling

Old February 26th 08, 02:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woby Tide

On Feb 25, 4:31*pm, "Nicola Redwood" nicolaexternal-
wrote:
Capacity upgrades are scheduled though and should be in place in the next
few weeks
I'd rather have congestion for a few weeks than traffic management or
throttling

Or constant network outages or DNS lookup failures. Theres something
seriously wrong with them at the moment, the last weekend especially.
As a new subscriber I'd advise any new potential customers to read the
various broadband/ISP forums and wait until the current issues die
down before committing to a purchase(at least with teh Be* arm you
only risk 3 months, with the O2 contract you commit to 12). When it
works it's great, but I've had 4 outages (including 18 hours in total
over the weekend in 2 weeks as a customer, thats more than in my
previous 5 years with my last ISP)
Old February 26th 08, 07:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Herman

wrote:
Capacity upgrades are scheduled though and should be in place in the next
few weeks
I'd rather have congestion for a few weeks than traffic management or
throttling

Or constant network outages or DNS lookup failures. Theres something
seriously wrong with them at the moment, the last weekend especially.
As a new subscriber I'd advise any new potential customers to read the
various broadband/ISP forums and wait until the current issues die
down before committing to a purchase(at least with teh Be* arm you
only risk 3 months, with the O2 contract you commit to 12). When it
works it's great, but I've had 4 outages (including 18 hours in total
over the weekend in 2 weeks as a customer, thats more than in my
previous 5 years with my last ISP)

No problems thus far with them. Nothing showing on my router logs when I
just checked (which should spot any routing issues of more than two minutes
duration)

Could it be a local issue?

Old February 26th 08, 09:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woby Tide

wrote:
[...]

Local National? The outage they admitted took out fair proportion of
the network overnight and Sunday morning?

https://www.bethere.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16400

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthre...b=5&o=0&fpart=

For the first week I was quite evangelical about them to others. These
issues have tainted it somewhat, all i'm suggesting is people to be
wary in the current climate, if they fix and come back out the other
side I'll wax lyrical again. I won't bury my head in the sand though
in the face of evidence of a number of users. if people are having a
faultless service thats fair enough, but a lot of people aren't and
the companies response to it is very poor to say the least.

Old February 29th 08, 04:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Feb 26, 9:56*pm, Woby Tide wrote:

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthre...=beunlimited&N....

For the first week I was quite evangelical about them to others. These
issues have tainted it somewhat, all i'm suggesting is people to be
wary in the current climate, if they fix and come back out the other
side I'll wax lyrical again. I won't bury my head in the sand though
in the face of evidence of a number of users. if people are having a
faultless service thats fair enough, but a lot of people aren't and
the companies response to it is very poor to say the least.- Hide quoted text -

By looking into above comments, it seems that O2 broadband is much
better than Virgin, as I myself have suffered from Virgin speeds.
Anyway, O2 says 100 days peace of mind, which should be OK before
tying yourself to 12 months contract.

Sherkhanthegreat(shammi777)
Old February 29th 08, 07:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Herman

wrote:
[...]

BTW after my comments above, I had a one hour outage yesterday evening.

At the end of the day, I guess outages are to be expected whichever
provider.

Old March 13th 08, 02:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
William56

wrote:
[...]

How is the service doing at the moment?
Old March 13th 08, 11:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Mar 13, 2:14*am, William56 wrote:

wrote:
[...]

How is the service doing at the moment?- Hide quoted text -

Hi William, am absolutely delighted at the moment. Here goes the
comparison w.r.t. Virgin, who were sucking me for past one year:

1. No interuptions till today (Virgin was giving atleast 1-2 blank
pages each day)
2. Upload and download speed much faster than virgin, usual response
is just click an view, no waiting for most of the pages. (Now I can
see most of the movie clips without waiting to buffer, earlier it was
a pain).
3. They sent free Wireless router (Virgin sent a very poor quality USB
modem which could not be integrated to wireless)
4. Free helpline (both from landline and mobile) to call anytime
(Virgin was 50 pence a minute)
5. Not to mention, just 7.50 pounds as compared to 17 pounds I was
paying earlier.

No complaints as of now (apart from one that the DSL cable for
connecting box to telephone line was damaged, which they immediately
replaced. Anyway, I had a spare at home, so no interuptions).

Hope this helps.