Virgin Broadband via BT line with Free Weekend/Evening Calls?

Old February 25th 08, 11:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Fuller

Default Virgin Broadband via BT line with Free Weekend/Evening Calls?

Can anyone tell me if Virgin Broadband (via a BT Line) with free
weekend/evening calls requires that the line is taken over by Virgin? If
not how can Virgin take control of the weekend and eveing calls only?
Thanks

Old February 25th 08, 12:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

James Fuller wrote:
: Can anyone tell me if Virgin Broadband (via a BT Line) with free
: weekend/evening calls requires that the line is taken over by Virgin? If
: not how can Virgin take control of the weekend and eveing calls only?

Don't know about Virgin but Sky do this quite easily by Carrier Preselection
(CPS) so calls go via Sky unless overridden by 1280. No line takeover
needed!
Old February 25th 08, 04:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Willcocks

"James Fuller" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me if Virgin Broadband (via a BT Line) with free
weekend/evening calls requires that the line is taken over by Virgin? If
not how can Virgin take control of the weekend and eveing calls only?
Thanks

They probably act as a reseller. I have had all my calls billed by
TalkTalk for several years with free evenings and weekends but still paying
the line rental to BT. I believe Tesco have a similar scheme. Strangely
the resellers are usually cheaper than BT which shows how much discount they
must be getting on bulk purchase.
--
Keith Willcocks