Linksys SPA3102... or ...

Old February 26th 08, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

Default Linksys SPA3102... or ...

I'm after an ATA that can have one BT line plugged into it and one
analogue phone, and manage at least one SIP account.

Nothing out of the ordinary there, I guess, however I want the ability
to be able to put an incoming caller on the BT line "on hold", make a
call on the SIP line, and then transfer the call from the BT line to the
SIP line (the ATA acting as a bridge or mini PBX in this instance)

(The SIP account will be on a virtual PBX and other phones connected to
the same vPBX and we want to transfer the call to one of these phones)

And yes, I know this will tie-up the BT line and maybe even the local
phone and SIP line for the duration of the call, but that's not an issue
here...

Looking at the SPA3102, it seems like this will do the trick, but can
anyone verify this for me? (Or suggest a better alternative!)

Thanks,

Gordon
Old February 26th 08, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Gordon Henderson" wrote in message
[...]

The Fritz!Box range are spec'ed to do this, but transfers do not work for me
on the 7050 with the latest firmware (even though they should). That may
not be a typical experience.

Old February 26th 08, 08:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Gordon Henderson wrote :
I'm after an ATA that can have one BT line plugged into it and one
analogue phone, and manage at least one SIP account.

Nothing out of the ordinary there, I guess, however I want the ability
to be able to put an incoming caller on the BT line "on hold", make a
call on the SIP line, and then transfer the call from the BT line to the
SIP line (the ATA acting as a bridge or mini PBX in this instance)

(The SIP account will be on a virtual PBX and other phones connected to
the same vPBX and we want to transfer the call to one of these phones)

And yes, I know this will tie-up the BT line and maybe even the local
phone and SIP line for the duration of the call, but that's not an issue
here...

Looking at the SPA3102, it seems like this will do the trick, but can
anyone verify this for me? (Or suggest a better alternative!)

I can certainly do all that with my SPA3000.....although not in quite
the same configuration:

The PSTN side is registered as a trunk to the PBX and the SIP extension
is registered to the same PBX.

I can put a BT call on hold & transfer it to any of the extensions, or
for that matter, any external number the PBX allows.

I've not tried to do what you're after without the PBX sitting in the
middle.

Old February 26th 08, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Jono wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote :
[...]

Well, they have a PBX... but it's at the end of another bit of ADSL and
porting the BT line into the VoIP platform isn't an option right now...
(It will be, but not for several months yet)

Thanks,

Gordon

Old February 26th 08, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Gordon Henderson presented the following explanation :
Well, they have a PBX... but it's at the end of another bit of ADSL and
porting the BT line into the VoIP platform isn't an option right now...
(It will be, but not for several months yet)

Could still be done over the ADSL....I'll experiment at the weekend
with my Mother's SPA3102.

She can certainly do a 3-way call, The three parties being my Mum, a BT
caller & a Sipgate caller. What I'm not sure of is what happens if she
then hangs up....

Old February 26th 08, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Gordon Henderson laid this down on his screen :
(The SIP account will be on a virtual PBX and other phones connected to
the same vPBX and we want to transfer the call to one of these phones)

I wonder how Voipfone are implementing call transfer on PSTN lines..?

http://www.voipfone.co.uk/Voipfone_For_Your_BT_Line.php

Old February 27th 08, 09:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 21:55:23 +0000, Jono wrote:

I wonder how Voipfone are implementing call transfer on PSTN lines..?

http://www.voipfone.co.uk/Voipfone_For_Your_BT_Line.php

I believe they're using a wholesale service provided by Gamma to do this.
I know of a switchless carrier who use Gamma and do this sort of thing
also - one of their claims for it is to port numbers from any area code
to your PSTN.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
09:05:11 up 2 days, 16:56, 1 user, load average: 0.23, 0.09, 0.02