Betamax vs Blueface call quality?

Old February 26th 08, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jose

Default Betamax vs Blueface call quality?

Hi All,

I've used VoipCheap for quite some time, and getting tired of low
quality calls every now and then.

I've just been listening to this group for a while, and Blueface seems
like a good alternative - I prefer to be billed in Euros, please, as I
can never actually figure out how much I'm paying when the rates are
in Sterling.

So, either Blueface, or another European based alternative, with:
a) a better call quality than VoipCheap,
b) a web interface in either EN, FR, SP, or IT,
c) *and* rates in Euros, please?

Your sugestions welcome. Thanks,
Jose

PS - If there's any provider in the UK that's billing in Euros, I'll
consider it too, of course.
Old February 26th 08, 11:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Jose wrote:
Hi All,

I've used VoipCheap for quite some time, and getting tired of low
quality calls every now and then.

I've just been listening to this group for a while, and Blueface seems
like a good alternative - I prefer to be billed in Euros, please, as I
can never actually figure out how much I'm paying when the rates are
in Sterling.

So, either Blueface, or another European based alternative, with:
a) a better call quality than VoipCheap,
b) a web interface in either EN, FR, SP, or IT,
c) *and* rates in Euros, please?

Your sugestions welcome. Thanks,
Jose

PS - If there's any provider in the UK that's billing in Euros, I'll
consider it too, of course.

I've not suffered any audio quality issues on VoIPStunt (Betamax service,
nor VoIPCheap or VoIPDiscount or VoIPBuster) but I use an ATA and have my
ATA set to use G711a only.

--
http://www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk/pcpro
http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/dyna/r...rchives_en.cfm

Old February 26th 08, 11:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jose

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 22:15:34 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:

I've not suffered any audio quality issues on VoIPStunt (Betamax service,
nor VoIPCheap or VoIPDiscount or VoIPBuster) but I use an ATA and have my
ATA set to use G711a only.

I use an ATA (only) too - a PAP2. I've just set it to your sugested
configuration, and I'll see what gives.

Been playing around with a Blueface account, and it doesn't seem to
allow for outgoing Caller ID (other than a Blueface assigned Irish
number, perhaps :-( )

Thanks,
Jose

PS - Sometimes wonder if Betamax is not going eat the entire
residential and SOHO market... Their 120 days of free calls to
selected destinations is "outrageous"

Old February 27th 08, 01:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

wrote:

I've not suffered any audio quality issues on VoIPStunt (Betamax
service, nor VoIPCheap or VoIPDiscount or VoIPBuster) but I use an
ATA and have my ATA set to use G711a only.

I use an ATA (only) too - a PAP2. I've just set it to your sugested
configuration, and I'll see what gives.

Been playing around with a Blueface account, and it doesn't seem to
allow for outgoing Caller ID (other than a Blueface assigned Irish
number, perhaps :-( )

Thanks,
Jose

PS - Sometimes wonder if Betamax is not going eat the entire
residential and SOHO market... Their 120 days of free calls to
selected destinations is "outrageous"

My ATA is a PAP2 too.

Old February 27th 08, 11:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

"Jose" wrote in message
Hi All,

I've used VoipCheap for quite some time, and getting tired of low
quality calls every now and then.

I've just been listening to this group for a while, and Blueface seems
like a good alternative - I prefer to be billed in Euros, please, as I
can never actually figure out how much I'm paying when the rates are
in Sterling.

So, either Blueface, or another European based alternative, with:
a) a better call quality than VoipCheap,
b) a web interface in either EN, FR, SP, or IT,
c) *and* rates in Euros, please?

Your sugestions welcome. Thanks,
Jose

PS - If there's any provider in the UK that's billing in Euros, I'll
consider it too, of course.

Hi,

Your ISP (broadband / internet connection), may be the problem rather than
Betamax or the VoIP itself.

Best wishes,

News Reader