Nintendo WEP lash-up

Old February 27th 08, 11:48 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Stephen Howard

Default Nintendo WEP lash-up

Just wanted to check that the following is 'safe'..and that I haven't
done anything daft!

I'm using a Buffalo modem router for internet access, with one wired
and three wireless connections ( and an Xbox, all using WAP ).
My daughter wanted to use her Nintendo DS on the internet, but as it
only support WEP and I didn't want to downgrade the main network
security I plugged in an old Belkin wireless router to a spare port on
the Buffalo.
I've turned DHCP off on the Belkin and reassigned its IP to a static
one given out from the Buffalo. I've set the Belkin up with a MAC list
for the attached devices.
Everything seems to work - and as I had a spare wireless card for the
Belkin I shoved it in my smallest son's laptop ( he only uses the BBV
Ceebeebies website, and a couple of other toddlers flash game sites ).

So that makes two WEP access points via the Belkin into the Buffalo.

OK? Not OK? If not, anything I can do to increase the security?

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk