BBC to break the ISP bank

Old February 27th 08, 11:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
eastender

Default BBC to break the ISP bank

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02...er_isps_broke/

Old February 27th 08, 03:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Weatherlawyer

On Feb 27, 11:19 am, eastender wrote:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02...er_isps_broke/

Which is worse?

Exclusive BT's servers were secretly passing data on subscribers to
its "new" advertising partner as long ago as last summer, though the
companies refused to acknowledge any relationship at the time.

BT - the UK's number one internet provider - finally revealed the plan
earlier this month along with Virgin Media and Talk Talk, which occupy
the number two and three spots behind it. This means Phorm, the
company that will run the targeting system, will have access in all to
more than 10 million streams of web browsing data.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02...a_summer_2007/
Old July 26th 08, 02:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

eastender wrote:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02...er_isps_broke/

Payment by download is the obvious answer.

I've said the current 'fixed price' model has been broken for over a
year now and the major consumer ISPs are idiots.

Do you get free indefinitely long phone calls ? Of course you don't.
Same thing almost.

Graham

Old July 26th 08, 01:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Wee Eccky

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 02:33:39 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

eastender wrote:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02...er_isps_broke/

Payment by download is the obvious answer.

I've said the current 'fixed price' model has been broken for over a
year now and the major consumer ISPs are idiots.

Do you get free indefinitely long phone calls ? Of course you don't.
Same thing almost.

Graham

This quote I really enjoyed reading over and over again;

"Especially the middlemen - as the distributors look like going to the wall
first."

Nearly all of them should have been strangled dead at birth!

Wee Eccky.

PS. It's old news but still delicious!
Old July 26th 08, 05:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Digby

wrote:

eastender wrote:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02...er_isps_broke/

Payment by download is the obvious answer.

I've said the current 'fixed price' model has been broken for over a
year now and the major consumer ISPs are idiots.

Do you get free indefinitely long phone calls ? Of course you don't.
Same thing almost.

Graham

Strangely enough you can!
http://www.toucan.com/talk/plans/all_inclusive.aspx