Tiscali suddenly slow

Old February 27th 08, 02:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

Default Tiscali suddenly slow

Has anyone noticed that Homecall-Pipex (now Tiscali) suddenly slowed down
last week?
I was getting about 1.5Mb about 98% of connections then suddenly it's gone
to 512-570kb every time (well, 800k last night).

The Tiscali forum seems to have lots of threads about all customers being
swung over to Tiscali's gear, but I've seen nothing in this group (perhaps
no-one likes to admit being with T).
--
Peter.
It's not rocket science, you know.
Old February 27th 08, 03:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Big D

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:00:46 +0000, PeterC
wrote:

The Tiscali forum seems to have lots of threads about all customers being
swung over to Tiscali's gear, but I've seen nothing in this group (perhaps
no-one likes to admit being with T).

Maybe moving soon
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02...scali_selloff/

Old February 27th 08, 03:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Weatherlawyer

On Feb 27, 1:00 pm, PeterC wrote:

(perhaps no-one likes to admit being with T).

A situation that may be due for self inflicted correction soon? The
boss is stepping down after getting it to turn its first profit .
Old February 27th 08, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

wrote:

The Tiscali forum seems to have lots of threads about all customers being
swung over to Tiscali's gear, but I've seen nothing in this group (perhaps
no-one likes to admit being with T).

Maybe moving soon
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02...scali_selloff/

Thanks for the link. Wonder how hot the next fire'll be.
Old February 27th 08, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 06:42:26 -0800 (PST), Weatherlawyer wrote:

On Feb 27, 1:00 pm, PeterC wrote:

(perhaps no-one likes to admit being with T).

A situation that may be due for self inflicted correction soon? The
boss is stepping down after getting it to turn its first profit .

judging by the names in management, looks like all ma...Italian.
Old February 27th 08, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Al

On Feb 27, 1:00 pm, PeterC wrote:

(perhaps no-one likes to admit being with T).

A situation that may be due for self inflicted correction soon? The
boss is stepping down after getting it to turn its first profit .

judging by the names in management, looks like all ma...Italian.
--
Peter.
It's not rocket science, you know.

Careful if I was you. You may wake up next to a horses head in your bed,
lol.

Old February 27th 08, 09:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken Preston

On Feb 27, 1:00 pm, PeterC wrote:

The Tiscali forum seems to have lots of threads about all customers being
swung over to Tiscali's gear, but I've seen nothing in this group (perhaps
no-one likes to admit being with T).

There has been *plenty* in this NG. Try searcing for "Tiscali
group:uk.telecom.*" (without the quotes) via http://www.groups.google.com
..

Old February 27th 08, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

On Feb 27, 1:00 pm, PeterC wrote:

(perhaps no-one likes to admit being with T).

A situation that may be due for self inflicted correction soon? The
boss is stepping down after getting it to turn its first profit .

judging by the names in management, looks like all ma...Italian.
--
Peter.
It's not rocket science, you know.

Careful if I was you. You may wake up next to a horses head in your bed,
lol.

That'd be a nightmare.
Old February 28th 08, 08:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:25:59 -0800 (PST), Ken Preston wrote:

On Feb 27, 1:00 pm, PeterC wrote:

The Tiscali forum seems to have lots of threads about all customers being
swung over to Tiscali's gear, but I've seen nothing in this group (perhaps
no-one likes to admit being with T).

There has been *plenty* in this NG. Try searcing for "Tiscali
group:uk.telecom.*" (without the quotes) via http://www.groups.google.com
.

I've seen the threads on Tiscali but nothing specifically on the sudden
slowdown.
Last night it went in at 1.5M and today at 1.7M; that's about all I can
expect here. Just hope it holds.
Old February 28th 08, 05:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

On Feb 27, 1:00 pm, PeterC wrote:

(perhaps no-one likes to admit being with T).

A situation that may be due for self inflicted correction soon? The
boss is stepping down after getting it to turn its first profit .

judging by the names in management, looks like all ma...Italian.
--
Peter.
It's not rocket science, you know.

Careful if I was you. You may wake up next to a horses head in your bed,
lol.

That'd be a nightmare.

......but less traumatic than having Tiscali as an ISP.