Recommendation for a US number?

Old February 28th 08, 11:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Les Desser

Default Recommendation for a US number?

Can anyone recommend a source for a US VoIP number?

It must be: good, cheap, reliable, etc.

Many thanks.
--
Les Desser
(The Reply-to address IS valid)
Old February 28th 08, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

www.ipkall.com

--
http://www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk/pcpro
http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/dyna/r...rchives_en.cfm
Old February 29th 08, 08:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Les Desser

In article ,
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} Thu, 28 Feb 2008
23:50:34 writes

Les Desser wrote:
Can anyone recommend a source for a US VoIP number?
It must be: good, cheap, reliable, etc.
Many thanks.

www.ipkall.com

Thank you.

I wonder what they get out of issuing free phone numbers.
Old February 29th 08, 09:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Koos van den Hout

Les Desser wrote in :
In article ,
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} Thu, 28 Feb 2008
23:50:34 writes
www.ipkall.com

I wonder what they get out of issuing free phone numbers.

Termination fees? What they also do not offer is calling: you can only
receive calls on a registered SIP account.

Koos van den Hout

--
Koos van den Hout Homepage: http://idefix.net/~koos/
Fax: +31-30-2817051 PGP keyid DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263 or RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5
Old February 29th 08, 10:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Andrews

"Les Desser" wrote in message
In article ,
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} Thu, 28 Feb 2008
23:50:34 writes

Les Desser wrote:

Thank you.

I wonder what they get out of issuing free phone numbers.
--

Incoming call revenue?

Peter

Old February 29th 08, 03:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jose

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:50:34 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:

Les Desser wrote:
Can anyone recommend a source for a US VoIP number?

It must be: good, cheap, reliable, etc.

Many thanks.

www.ipkall.com

Are you sure about the "realiable" part?
I'm presently paying USD 5 (to DID worldwide) a month for a +1-914
DID. It's realiable, and allows forwarding via SIP URI, or Voip to
loads of other providers - including Voxalot.

Can the inbound ipkalls' calls be forwarded via some kind of Voip/sip
to another account, or do you have to be loged on to their network?

Best,
Jose

Old February 29th 08, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheFug

wrote:

Les Desser wrote:
Can anyone recommend a source for a US VoIP number?

It must be: good, cheap, reliable, etc.

Many thanks.

www.ipkall.com

Are you sure about the "realiable" part?
I'm presently paying USD 5 (to DID worldwide) a month for a +1-914
DID. It's realiable, and allows forwarding via SIP URI, or Voip to
loads of other providers - including Voxalot.

Can the inbound ipkalls' calls be forwarded via some kind of Voip/sip
to another account, or do you have to be loged on to their network?

Best,
Jose

Yes, you can use FWD, but if you don't use it yoo often, it get
cancled....and no , it's not realiable, sometimes, it just don't work,
for no apperent reason, and then it does, test it first.....

--

The Fug.

( VoIP/SIP switched by: www.mysipswitch.com )
Old February 29th 08, 10:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Soruk

wrote:

Les Desser wrote:
Can anyone recommend a source for a US VoIP number?

It must be: good, cheap, reliable, etc.

Many thanks.

www.ipkall.com

Are you sure about the "realiable" part?
I'm presently paying USD 5 (to DID worldwide) a month for a +1-914
DID. It's realiable, and allows forwarding via SIP URI, or Voip to
loads of other providers - including Voxalot.

Can the inbound ipkalls' calls be forwarded via some kind of Voip/sip
to another account, or do you have to be loged on to their network?

When I set mine up all they asked for was a SIP address, my ekiga.net one
worked fine for it. I just have Trixbox configured to listen on that in
addition to my other lines.

Old March 1st 08, 02:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"TheFug" wrote in message

[snip]

: : Yes, you can use FWD, but if you don't use it yoo
: : often, it get cancled....and no , it's not realiable,
: : sometimes, it just don't work, for no apperent reason,
: : and then it does, test it first.....

I've had an IPKall number pointing at a FWD account for the last 2 years
with no problems whatsoever. Except when FWD goes down of course, which it
does with irritating irregularity..!

Ivor

Old March 1st 08, 01:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Oldie

In article ,
"Ivor Jones" wrote:

"TheFug" wrote in message

[snip]

: : Yes, you can use FWD, but if you don't use it yoo
: : often, it get cancled....and no , it's not realiable,
: : sometimes, it just don't work, for no apperent reason,
: : and then it does, test it first.....

I've had an IPKall number pointing at a FWD account for the last 2 years
with no problems whatsoever. Except when FWD goes down of course, which it
does with irritating irregularity..!

Ivor

I seem to recall that when I had an IPKall DID there was some issue
about it not forwarding calls if they didn't present caller id. Has that
problem been overcome?

Oldie