fritzbox

Old February 29th 08, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bob garbutt

Default fritzbox

Hi there,

I received this from Ivor and have added a comment re my fritzbox
dialing local london calls without having to add the 020 to outgoing
local calls

[snip]

: : : Be warned though that doing this removes the ability
: : : to dial a SIP number on your provider directly. For
: : : example on Sipgate I can't dial another Sipgate
: : : number directly using the 7 digit SIP ID, I have to
: : : dial the PSTN number. It's still a free call, but
: : : something to remember if you're used to dialling SIP
: : : ID's.
: :
: : ...or short codes like 10000 on sipgate. That is a
: : worse problem.

I just set up speed dials for those. I use **750 for voicemail and **799
for 10000.

Ivor

hi mate, do you mean take out the 0 thats in the field and replace it
with 0208 or 208, btw I make outgoing calls via voipcheap

Bob
Old February 29th 08, 02:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"bob garbutt" wrote in message
. uk

[snip]

: : hi mate, do you mean take out the 0 thats in the field
: : and replace it with 0208 or 208, btw I make outgoing
: : calls via voipcheap

In the Fritz do you mean..?

The relevant section in mine (Telephony Internet Telephony Internet
Numbers) has a list of all configured accounts. Select Edit for the one
you want and you should get a page that has a box saying Use Area Code
where there should be a tick.

Then there should be a box saying Enter Area Code where you put 20 (*not*
208) and then another saying Enter National Direct Dialling Code where
there should be a 0.

There is then a tick box saying Keep NDD code, make sure it has a tick.

Leave all other fields as you find them.

Note that you *must* use 20 as the area code not 208 or you won't be able
to dial London numbers beginning with 3 or 7 locally. London's code is
020, remember..!

Ivor