Wi-fi featured mobile phone use as a wireless router? Yes, Joikuspot!

Old March 2nd 08, 11:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
Adrian C

Default Wi-fi featured mobile phone use as a wireless router? Yes, Joikuspot!

Following up to a question I recently asked on utm, "Can a Wi-fi
featured mobile phone act as a wireless router to the internet?"

Found it. It's Free (just need me to find a cheap Wi-Fi phone on an
unlimited bandwidth deal)

http://www.joikuspot.com/

From their website

"JoikuSpot turns your Nokia Symbian mobile device into a Wi-Fi HotSpot,
enabling you to share your mobile phone’s 3G internet connection
wirelessly over WLAN with any compatible device with WLAN capability. A
typical use case is to establish a connection with laptop, other
Smartphone or e.g. with Apple iPod touch. Multiple devices can be
connected to your JoikuSpot in parallel and seamlessly share the same
connection. With JoikuSpot you can now do something that has not been
possible before; wirelessly connect your laptop or other mobile device
to internet over WLAN using your mobile phone’s 3G internet connection.
Multiple devices can make the connection in parallel, and your phone’s
JoikuSpot acts as a gateway to web for them."

--
Adrian C
Old March 2nd 08, 12:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
BGN

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 11:05:57 +0000, Adrian C
wrote:

Following up to a question I recently asked on utm, "Can a Wi-fi
featured mobile phone act as a wireless router to the internet?"

Found it. It's Free (just need me to find a cheap Wi-Fi phone on an
unlimited bandwidth deal)

http://www.joikuspot.com/

grabs iPod Touch & Nokia n95

Bugger me! It works!

Shame there's no support for WEP, etc. The signal quality listed on
my iPod Touch is 1/3, but it does indeed work.
--
-- Nick ICQ: 9235201 EMAIL & MSN:
-- Triumph Tiger 955i --
Old March 4th 08, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
gazz

news
wrote:

Following up to a question I recently asked on utm, "Can a Wi-fi
featured mobile phone act as a wireless router to the internet?"

Found it. It's Free (just need me to find a cheap Wi-Fi phone on an
unlimited bandwidth deal)

http://www.joikuspot.com/

Damn it, looked so promising,

my phone a nokia E70, first it wouldent load the app. when sent as a text to
the devise, but loaded it from the pc cable, the app starts up, connects to
my web n walk connection, then the phone re-starts

Seems the phone re-starts even if i cancel connecting, when joikuspot has
been running for about 10 seconds, it re-starts my phone,

this seemed the ideal solution for me, as we've moved into a new flat, and
dont have a land line for a week, and the best signal for my phone is high
up in a window, where my data cable can't reach between the phone and pc,
plus we wanted to use the laptop and desktop at same time,

ahh well, prolly be a fix for the re-starting issue when i don't need to use
this proggy.

Old March 5th 08, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
Neil - Usenet

"gazz" wrote in message ...

news
wrote:

[...]