o2 email filtering blogspot

Old March 2nd 08, 06:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pat

Default o2 email filtering blogspot

It has just taken me hours to find out that o2 blocks email messages with
the phrase "blogspot.com"
At least they do for me!
Without any warning message. They just don't get delivered.
They must employ a compulsory spam filter
Does anyone know why they do this?
Are they trying to hurt blogspot financially?
Seems pretty underhand?

Old March 2nd 08, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rex M F Smith

In message , Pat
writes

It has just taken me hours to find out that o2 blocks email messages with
the phrase "blogspot.com"

Currently receiving a *huge* wave of blogspot - redirected spam mails
.... here's an example ...

http://eddiemungindq.blogspot.com

If it's still up you may find it redirects to, I think, a Taiwanese edu
establishment internet block and a pill site ... been having these
swines *all day*

I'm NOT surprised o2 is blocking them
--
Rex M F Smith
Old March 2nd 08, 08:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Pat wrote:

It has just taken me hours to find out that o2 blocks email messages with
the phrase "blogspot.com"
At least they do for me!
Without any warning message. They just don't get delivered.
They must employ a compulsory spam filter
Does anyone know why they do this?
Are they trying to hurt blogspot financially?
Seems pretty underhand?

Sounds bloody good to me. It's all spam as far as I can see.

Graham

Old March 3rd 08, 12:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pat

I was sending an email which, amongst a lot of other stuff, drew attention
to an interesting and useful blog by a medical student. As the link I was
sharing contained the text "blogspot.com" the email was not delivered.

It was only by chance that I discovered this as no warning message was sent.

It took a long time to work out what had tripped the o2 spam filter as it
was a long email.

To me this seems an irresponsible and arrogant way to deal with spam.