Tesco dp450

Old March 3rd 08, 05:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Pawson

Default Tesco dp450

Tesco are selling a badged Siemens S450 VoIP/DECT phone for about half
the price of the 'real' one.
Does anybody know if this is locked to the Tesco voip or can it be used
with any sip provider?
Old March 3rd 08, 05:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

"Ian Pawson" wrote in message
Tesco are selling a badged Siemens S450 VoIP/DECT phone for about half
the price of the 'real' one.
Does anybody know if this is locked to the Tesco voip or can it be used
with any sip provider?

I believe it's locked, but hoping to hear otherwise this time round.

Old March 4th 08, 09:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

Nick wrote:
"Ian Pawson" wrote in message
Tesco are selling a badged Siemens S450 VoIP/DECT phone for about half
the price of the 'real' one.
Does anybody know if this is locked to the Tesco voip or can it be used
with any sip provider?

I believe it's locked, but hoping to hear otherwise this time round.

I've not bought one myself but I also believe it's locked, Tesco have
got to make some money out of it somewhere.

cheers,
Paul.
Old March 7th 08, 01:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
cybuerke

"Paul Hayes" wrote in message
Nick wrote:
"Ian Pawson" wrote in message
Tesco are selling a badged Siemens S450 VoIP/DECT phone for about half
the price of the 'real' one.
Does anybody know if this is locked to the Tesco voip or can it be used
with any sip provider?

I believe it's locked, but hoping to hear otherwise this time round.

I've not bought one myself but I also believe it's locked, Tesco have got
to make some money out of it somewhere.

cheers,
Paul.

Appears to be locked, but someone's seemingly jiggled it with asterisk.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Tesco+Siemens+DP450

Old March 7th 08, 05:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Pawson

cybuerke wrote:
cybuerke wrote:
"Paul Hayes" wrote in message

"Paul Hayes" wrote in message
Nick wrote:
"Ian Pawson" wrote in message
Tesco are selling a badged Siemens S450 VoIP/DECT phone for about half
the price of the 'real' one.
Does anybody know if this is locked to the Tesco voip or can it be used
with any sip provider?
I believe it's locked, but hoping to hear otherwise this time round.

I've not bought one myself but I also believe it's locked, Tesco have got
to make some money out of it somewhere.

cheers,
Paul.

Appears to be locked, but someone's seemingly jiggled it with asterisk.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Tesco+Siemens+DP450

Thanks for the pointer.