Comparision of Siemens

Old March 7th 08, 05:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
mr deo

Default Comparision of Siemens

Nooooo.. Not that you nasty minded people :/ ...

Does anyone have a "Technical" comparision.. of the Gigaset S675 vs C475 IP
(or even some of the other 4xx variants)..
I want to know if there was a jump in technology (processing power, memory,
processing speed) from the 675-475 ranges.. Or if the main difference is
just in the firmware.

Old March 7th 08, 08:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

(or even some of the other 4xx variants)..http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/S...Gigaset+S675IP
I want to know if there was a jump in technology (processing power, memory,
processing speed) from the 675-475 ranges.. Or if the main difference is
just in the firmware.

A presume you mean s675ip vs s450ip. It looks as if the s675ip has an
answer phone.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/S...Gigaset+S675IP

I can't see anything particular.
Old March 7th 08, 11:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
mr deo

"Nick" wrote in message
mr deo wrote:
Nooooo.. Not that you nasty minded people :/ ...

Does anyone have a "Technical" comparision.. of the Gigaset S675 vs C475

IP
(or even some of the other 4xx

variants)..http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/S...Gigaset+S675IP
I want to know if there was a jump in technology (processing power,

memory,
processing speed) from the 675-475 ranges.. Or if the main difference is
just in the firmware.

A presume you mean s675ip vs s450ip. It looks as if the s675ip has an
answer phone.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/S...Gigaset+S675IP

I can't see anything particular.

Well.. I was actually meaning 475 vs 675.. as I really like the looks of
those phones for the 475/675..
but the 4xx range (according to one of the siemens webcast) has now been
discontinued so the 6xx range can take over..
Some things get worse hardware with new revisions, most things get better
..

From the looks of it, the 475 and 675 are really similar products as far as
features go.. But I'd like to see some good comparisions :/

Old March 11th 08, 01:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

mr deo wrote:
Nooooo.. Not that you nasty minded people :/ ...

Does anyone have a "Technical" comparision.. of the Gigaset S675 vs C475 IP
(or even some of the other 4xx variants)..

For starters you are going to be hard pushed to get a S675. The UK
models of next gen Siemens are going to to be S475IP and S685IP.

S475 and S685 have exactly the same base station. Includes

Digital answering machine (both PSTN and SIP, and you can disable if you
wish)
Support for G.722 hi def audio
6 SIP accounts
1 PSTN port
2 SIP calls and 1 PSTN call simultaneously.

S685 will come with a handset that can do G.722 hi def and will also do
bluetooth on the handset.

Tim

Old March 11th 08, 10:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
mr deo

"Tim" wrote in message
mr deo wrote:
Nooooo.. Not that you nasty minded people :/ ...

Does anyone have a "Technical" comparision.. of the Gigaset S675 vs C475

IP
(or even some of the other 4xx variants)..

For starters you are going to be hard pushed to get a S675. The UK
models of next gen Siemens are going to to be S475IP and S685IP.

S475 and S685 have exactly the same base station. Includes

Digital answering machine (both PSTN and SIP, and you can disable if you
wish)
Support for G.722 hi def audio
6 SIP accounts
1 PSTN port
2 SIP calls and 1 PSTN call simultaneously.

S685 will come with a handset that can do G.722 hi def and will also do
bluetooth on the handset.

Tim

Hi tim, thanks for the reply..
Yes, the "high def" audio is something I would like, VoIP quality isnt bad,
but some of the vocal ranges are not great so it would be nice to get
something that can show emotions a little better ..
I havent seen the S685ip listed on their website, nor any pages of theirs at
all but I will have a dig around

Thanks for the info

Old March 11th 08, 03:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Tim wrote:

S685 will come with a handset that can do G.722 hi def and will also do
bluetooth on the handset.

But doesn't DECT specify G726 between the base and the handset? If so,
what's the point of the base doing anything more? (And how many VoIP
systems support G722?)

Gordon
Old March 11th 08, 04:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

Gordon Henderson wrote:
In article ,
Tim wrote:

S685 will come with a handset that can do G.722 hi def and will also do
bluetooth on the handset.

But doesn't DECT specify G726 between the base and the handset? If so,
what's the point of the base doing anything more? (And how many VoIP
systems support G722?)

Gordon

Traditionally DECT uses g726 yes, but these phones are using new CAT-iq
DECT standards which allows the use of g722.

Not sure which service providers support it but technically it should be
possible with Asterisk when it's not in the media path.

It's definitely a noticeable difference. I've tested it just with a
call between two handsets on the test phone I have.

cheers,
Paul.
Old March 12th 08, 02:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Gordon Henderson wrote:
But doesn't DECT specify G726 between the base and the handset? If so,
what's the point of the base doing anything more? (And how many VoIP
systems support G722?)

Old DECT maybe. New Dect can have different audio codecs.

Almost every SIP system apart from Asterisk can support G.722 for SIP to
SIP calling.

Asterisk has some patches for pass through, although I understand better
support for different kind of codecs is being worked on. I am fair from
an Asterisk expert though.

If anybody does want to try G.722 calls, then I have a suitable SIP
server. All Snom 3xx series phones will do it, although best on a Snom370.

Tim

Tim
Old April 27th 08, 10:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Mar 11, 10:48*am, "mr deo"
wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

mr deo wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the info- Hide quoted text -

Hi Tim,

We have the S685IP available for order if you are still struggling to
find it:

http://www.hip-ip.com/product/voip-p...-ip-dect-phone