SPA-3000 trouble (VOIP to PSTN)

Old March 7th 08, 06:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Marc Zirnheld

Default SPA-3000 trouble (VOIP to PSTN)

I'm using a Sipura/Tiptel co-branded SPA-3000 with firmware release
3.1.20(GW) -- the latest, AFAIK.

I'd like a (now local, in the future distant) SIP phone to access the
SPA and be able to place calls throuh the PSTN interface; and
vice-versa, calls from the PSTN would ring the SIP phone.

The SPA-3000 instructions are quite cumbersome and the web configuration
interface is not logically organized to my mind, so I probably missed a
point: does the SPA-3000 acts as a SIP server, so a SIP phone has to
register to it ? Or is another intermediate registrar (like one of a
VOIP service provider) in the loop ?

Anyway, I could not register a SIP phone to the SPA-3000.

When a PSTN call comes in at the FX0 interface through the Line conector
(I am in 2-stage dialing, and "Off Hook While Calling VoIP" options),
the SPA-3000 answers the call and sends a dialtone, but does not
recognize DTMF keys: the dialtone simply goes on (

Help appreciated !

Old March 7th 08, 06:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Marc Zirnheld pretended :
[...]

you may find the Linksys/Sipura help files on this page a worthwhile
read.

http://www.provu.co.uk/support.html

Old March 7th 08, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Marc Zirnheld

D'apres Jono ,

you may find the Linksys/Sipura help files on this page a worthwhile
read.
http://www.provu.co.uk/support.html

Many thanks. I found interesting info in
http://www.provu.co.uk/pdf/sipura/sp...2x_spa3000.pdf

At present, it works both ways (PSTN - VOIP) using an intermediaite
registrar (I am using 3CX for test purposes). A drawback is that the
PSTN-to-VOIP CID is blocked (replaced by the incoming extension number
of 3CX)

I will not be using two SPA-3000 (unless there is no other way and I
change my plans) but a ordinary SIP phone on the remote end (at present
I use a softphone for tests). So I still have some work to do...

Old March 9th 08, 10:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Marc Zirnheld

Things are rather fine at present, except that the SPA-3000 does not
detect a disconnect tone from the PSTN line interface.

Of course in PSTN tab I switched "Detect Disconnect Tone:" to YES.

The busy/disconnect tone is 500 ms 440 Hz, then 500 ms silence.
I entered /1) but there is no detection.
Lowering the -8 dBm detection level does not seem to help

Old March 9th 08, 11:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 11:30:36 +0100, Marc Zirnheld
wrote:

Things are rather fine at present, except that the SPA-3000 does not
detect a disconnect tone from the PSTN line interface.

Of course in PSTN tab I switched "Detect Disconnect Tone:" to YES.

The busy/disconnect tone is 500 ms 440 Hz, then 500 ms silence.
I entered /1) but there is no detection.
Lowering the -8 dBm detection level does not seem to help

I haven't tried using the PSTN up to now but I have been doing some
reading recently. I saw this in a Voxilla thread, it may be of help as
there is reference to the UK.
http://tinyurl.com/2xz2p8

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---
Old March 9th 08, 04:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Marc Zirnheld

D'apres Brian A ,
dans le forum uk.telecom.voip...

I saw this in a Voxilla thread, it may be of help as
there is reference to the UK.
http://tinyurl.com/2xz2p8

Thanks, actually while you were typing I found the answer he
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/as...er/061995.html
and although it is said not to work, it works for me.

Disconnect Tone: /1+2)

It seems a bit strange to enter the same frequency twice. Well, as long
as it works