Registration State: Failed - SPA-2002 with voipcheap

Old March 7th 08, 11:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
rainandsnow

Default Registration State: Failed - SPA-2002 with voipcheap

I've spent a good bit of time on this and got nowhere.

The SIP unit is OK. It has two lines and I can configure either to work
with draytel.

I'm trying to set up one line to work with voipcheap and can't get the
Registration State (shown under the INFO tab) to change to Registered.

It will give a dialling tone but attempting to make a call produces an
engaged sound and attempting to call in gives a message saying "This
User is Currently not Online".

The User ID and password are OK as I can log in with them using
voipcheap software on my computer (and make and receive calls).

The settings I'm using - from the voipcheap.com website a

SIP port : 5060
Registrar : sip.VoipCheap.com
Proxy server : sip.VoipCheap.com
Outbound proxy server : leave empty
Account name : your VoipCheap username
Password : your VoipCheap password
Display name/number : your VoipCheap username or voipnumber
Stunserver (option) : stun.VoipCheap.com
(nowhere to put the Stunserver setting or Outbound Proxy field to leave
empty as far as I can see)

I'd be grateful for any help or suggestions.
Old March 8th 08, 02:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
rainandsnow

Default Registration State: Registered - sorted now

rainandsnow wrote:
[...]

.. . . and this last bit was the key. I seem to have been at basic
settings and having now gone to advanced settings there was a field for
outbound proxy, and emptying this and selecting NO to USE OUTBOUND PROXY
has done the trick.