Alternative to Home Hub For BB Talk

Old March 9th 08, 10:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob Gibson

Default Alternative to Home Hub For BB Talk

Forgive me if this has already cropped up...

Is it possible to use a VOIP router other than the Home Hub for BT Broadband
Talk?

If so, what details do I need to know to configure it for BB Talk?

I'm on my third Hub in as many months, and I'm fed up with it!

TIA.

Rob Gibson.

Old March 9th 08, 10:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Monty L

"Rob Gibson" wrote in message
Forgive me if this has already cropped up...

Is it possible to use a VOIP router other than the Home Hub for BT
Broadband
Talk?
If so, what details do I need to know to configure it for BB Talk?

I use a Draytek Vigor 2800VG.
Details:
Profile Name: BT Talk
Register via: Auto
SIP Port: 5060
Domain/Realm: btsip.bt.com
Proxy: sip.btsip.bt.net:5060
Act as oubound Proxy: Yes
Display Name: 44xxxxxxxxxx (your bt talk phone number)
Account Number/Name: 44xxxxxxxxxx (your bt talk phone number)
Authentication ID: 44xxxxxxxxxx (your bt talk phone number)
Password: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (your BT Talk Password)
NAT Traversal Support: None.

Old March 9th 08, 10:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob Gibson

"Monty L" wrote in message
"Rob Gibson" wrote in message
Forgive me if this has already cropped up...

Is it possible to use a VOIP router other than the Home Hub for BT
Broadband
Talk?
If so, what details do I need to know to configure it for BB Talk?

I use a Draytek Vigor 2800VG.
Details:
Profile Name: BT Talk
Register via: Auto
SIP Port: 5060
Domain/Realm: btsip.bt.com
Proxy: sip.btsip.bt.net:5060
Act as oubound Proxy: Yes
Display Name: 44xxxxxxxxxx (your bt talk phone number)
Account Number/Name: 44xxxxxxxxxx (your bt talk phone number)
Authentication ID: 44xxxxxxxxxx (your bt talk phone number)
Password: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (your BT Talk Password)
NAT Traversal Support: None.

Thanks for the info Monty. Much appreciated.

Rob.

Old March 9th 08, 07:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian Slater

"Rob Gibson" wrote in message
news

"Monty L" wrote in message
"Rob Gibson" wrote in message
[...]

I'm using a BT Voyager 2500V (e-bay for 25 I think) no problems at all,
Brian.

Old March 11th 08, 02:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim..

"Monty L" wrote in message
"Rob Gibson" wrote in message
Forgive me if this has already cropped up...

Is it possible to use a VOIP router other than the Home Hub for BT
Broadband
Talk?
If so, what details do I need to know to configure it for BB Talk?

I use a Draytek Vigor 2800VG.
Details:
Profile Name: BT Talk
Register via: Auto
SIP Port: 5060
Domain/Realm: btsip.bt.com
Proxy: sip.btsip.bt.net:5060
Act as oubound Proxy: Yes
Display Name: 44xxxxxxxxxx (your bt talk phone number)
Account Number/Name: 44xxxxxxxxxx (your bt talk phone number)
Authentication ID: 44xxxxxxxxxx (your bt talk phone number)
Password: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (your BT Talk Password)
NAT Traversal Support: None.

Hi, wonderiong if these settings are published somewhere, or did you trail
and error it??

Tim.

Old March 11th 08, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Monty L

"Tim.." wrote in message

"Monty L" wrote in message
I use a Draytek Vigor 2800VG.
Details:
Profile Name: BT Talk
Register via: Auto
SIP Port: 5060
Domain/Realm: btsip.bt.com
Proxy: sip.btsip.bt.net:5060
Act as oubound Proxy: Yes
Display Name: 44xxxxxxxxxx (your bt talk phone number)
Account Number/Name: 44xxxxxxxxxx (your bt talk phone number)
Authentication ID: 44xxxxxxxxxx (your bt talk phone number)
Password: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (your BT Talk Password)
NAT Traversal Support: None.

Hi, wonderiong if these settings are published somewhere, or did you trail
and error it??

I've had mine set up for about 18 months and the settings weren't published
anywhere at that time - don't know about now. A lot of googling and
extracting clues from various forums was involved.

Old March 12th 08, 09:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim..

"Monty L" wrote in message
"Tim.." wrote in message

"Monty L" wrote in message
I use a Draytek Vigor 2800VG.
Details:
Profile Name: BT Talk
Register via: Auto
SIP Port: 5060
Domain/Realm: btsip.bt.com
Proxy: sip.btsip.bt.net:5060
Act as oubound Proxy: Yes
Display Name: 44xxxxxxxxxx (your bt talk phone number)
Account Number/Name: 44xxxxxxxxxx (your bt talk phone number)
Authentication ID: 44xxxxxxxxxx (your bt talk phone number)
Password: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (your BT Talk Password)
NAT Traversal Support: None.

Hi, wonderiong if these settings are published somewhere, or did you
trail and error it??

I've had mine set up for about 18 months and the settings weren't
published anywhere at that time - don't know about now. A lot of googling
and extracting clues from various forums was involved.

I'm going to try to set up my SPA-3102 boix with the above settings, as I
have access to BT total BB talk-thingy, which I don't use as I refuse to use
the supplied 220V pile of crap.

Will let you know..

Tim..

Old March 12th 08, 05:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JulianJ

Tim.. wrote:

"Monty L" wrote in message
"Tim.." wrote in message

"Monty L" wrote in message
[...]

Hi,
anybody managed to get a iPAQ514 to work properly?
I can get incoming calls but I can't make any calls.

TIA

JulianJ
--
Thanks