Leaving PlusNet - Tiscali or BT Broadband?

Old March 10th 08, 07:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Morris

Default Leaving PlusNet - Tiscali or BT Broadband?

Hi, I have my MAC and I am about to leave PlusNet.

I have put "Tiscali Option 2" and "BT Broadband Option 1" at the top of
my list as new ISPs so, can any of you helpful guys out there tell me
what exactly I do get with their packages please?

I don't seem to be able to pin down the exact package contents from the
respective websites.

BTW if anyone knows a good reason NOT to go with either of the above,
please feel free to comment.
--
Regards
Phil
Old March 10th 08, 08:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike Scott

Phil Morris wrote:
Hi, I have my MAC and I am about to leave PlusNet.

I have put "Tiscali Option 2" and "BT Broadband Option 1" at the top of
my list as new ISPs so, can any of you helpful guys out there tell me
what exactly I do get with their packages please?

I don't seem to be able to pin down the exact package contents from the
respective websites.

BTW if anyone knows a good reason NOT to go with either of the above,
please feel free to comment.

Read all about phorm before moving to BT; be sure you'd like your
browsing to be spied on in detail.

--
Mike Scott (unet at scottsonline.org.uk)
Harlow Essex England
Old March 10th 08, 08:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Phil Morris wrote:

Hi, I have my MAC and I am about to leave PlusNet.

I have put "Tiscali Option 2" and "BT Broadband Option 1" at the top of
my list as new ISPs

Why ?

Graham

Old March 10th 08, 08:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Phil Morris wrote:

Hi, I have my MAC and I am about to leave PlusNet.

I have put "Tiscali Option 2" and "BT Broadband Option 1" at the top of
my list as new ISPs so, can any of you helpful guys out there tell me
what exactly I do get with their packages please?

A poorer service than you get from Plusnet.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/co... mmit=Compare

Compares your old ISP with your 2 suggestions and at he other end of the
scale you can see how good some ISPs are.

My neighbour just signed up to Tiscali's phone and broadband deal and has
had 2 weeks of inoperative phone and about one week of no broadband. They
are a useless bunch of IDIOTS.

Graham

Old March 10th 08, 08:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Morris

In message , Eeyore
writes

Phil Morris wrote:

Hi, I have my MAC and I am about to leave PlusNet.

I have put "Tiscali Option 2" and "BT Broadband Option 1" at the top of
my list as new ISPs

Why ?

Graham

Why what? Choice of ISP or reason for leaving PlusNet?
--
Regards
Phil
Old March 10th 08, 08:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Morris

In message , Eeyore
writes

Phil Morris wrote:

Hi, I have my MAC and I am about to leave PlusNet.

I have put "Tiscali Option 2" and "BT Broadband Option 1" at the top of
my list as new ISPs so, can any of you helpful guys out there tell me
what exactly I do get with their packages please?

A poorer service than you get from Plusnet.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/co..._16=1&isp_77=1
&isp_23=1&commit=Compare

Compares your old ISP with your 2 suggestions and at he other end of the
scale you can see how good some ISPs are.

My neighbour just signed up to Tiscali's phone and broadband deal and has
had 2 weeks of inoperative phone and about one week of no broadband. They
are a useless bunch of IDIOTS.

Graham

Thanks for the link as I had forgotten about that site. Makes
interesting reading and provides food for thought.
--
Regards
Phil
Old March 10th 08, 09:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick

Phil Morris wrote:
In message , Eeyore
writes

Phil Morris wrote:

Hi, I have my MAC and I am about to leave PlusNet.

I have put "Tiscali Option 2" and "BT Broadband Option 1" at the top of
my list as new ISPs

Why ?

Graham

Why what? Choice of ISP or reason for leaving PlusNet?

Why are you leaving PlusNet?
Old March 10th 08, 09:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Read all about phorm before moving to BT; be sure you'd like your

browsing to be spied on in detail.

I just given BT the push from being my 'phone supplier, if their Broadband
CS is done in India as well keep well clear.
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Old March 10th 08, 10:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Phil Morris wrote:

Eeyore writes
Phil Morris wrote:

Hi, I have my MAC and I am about to leave PlusNet.

I have put "Tiscali Option 2" and "BT Broadband Option 1" at the top of
my list as new ISPs

Why ?

Why what? Choice of ISP or reason for leaving PlusNet?

Either / both.

Graham

Old March 10th 08, 11:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

I left Tiscali because I was fed up trying to get any sense out of India. I
know of three case of people who were with Tiscal and lost their telephone
for well over week when they were unbundled (One ran up a bill of over a
100 using his mobile) India are very polite and helpful!! but useless.

Peter