More Virgin Media nonsense

Old March 12th 08, 10:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Default More Virgin Media nonsense

I suspect someone here might have details of the Chief Exec's (and other
high-ups) email etc etc. Talking to 'customer support' is a waste of
time.

I'm fed up with their random over-billing and I want to complain. Any
assistance gratefully received.

Graham

Old March 12th 08, 10:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick

Eeyore wrote:
I suspect someone here might have details of the Chief Exec's (and other
high-ups) email etc etc. Talking to 'customer support' is a waste of
time.

I'm fed up with their random over-billing and I want to complain. Any
assistance gratefully received.

Graham

First option change ISP.

However if you are locked into a minimum contract period and/or do not
mind losing your connection, write a form letter - disputing amount and
asking for explanation within so many days, you just need to fill in the
date and amount each time they do it.

Reverse DD if they do charge you. Breach of contract if they cut you off.

Don't bother talking to them on the phone, if they want they can phone you.
Old March 12th 08, 11:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Nick wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
I suspect someone here might have details of the Chief Exec's (and other
high-ups) email etc etc. Talking to 'customer support' is a waste of
time.

I'm fed up with their random over-billing and I want to complain. Any
assistance gratefully received.

First option change ISP.

I don't use then for internet. Gave them a trial for broadband and it was
rubbish and cancelled so no problem on that account. I was just hoping it was a
decent forum to ask the above questions.

However if you are locked into a minimum contract period and/or do not
mind losing your connection, write a form letter - disputing amount and
asking for explanation within so many days, you just need to fill in the
date and amount each time they do it.

Reverse DD if they do charge you. Breach of contract if they cut you off.

Don't bother talking to them on the phone, if they want they can phone you.

They really are rubbish. I'm so fed up with their nonsense.

Graham

Old March 12th 08, 12:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

Eeyore wrote:

I don't use then for internet. Gave them a trial for broadband and it was
rubbish and cancelled so no problem on that account. I was just hoping it was a
decent forum to ask the above questions.
Graham

Don`t tell me, you signed up to the 30 day no quibble guarantee, told
them you wanted to cancel within that period and they have continued on?

Am i close or is it just the cynic in me??
Old March 12th 08, 12:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick

Eeyore wrote:

Nick wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
[...]

Yep. I got rid of Nynex (pre-C&W pre NTL cable) for billing for stuff I
hadn't asked for. I got rid of BT OpenWorld for misbilling and refusing
to refund. I tried VirginMedia, they tried to bill me for an
installation cost they had said they wouldn't make. Sky tried to bill me
for stuff they never delivered.

I guess a lot of people just take it. Why don't you move to another company.

Graham

Old March 12th 08, 12:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick

Meggahurtz wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

I don't use then for internet. Gave them a trial for broadband and it was
rubbish and cancelled so no problem on that account. I was just hoping
it was a
decent forum to ask the above questions.
Graham

Don`t tell me, you signed up to the 30 day no quibble guarantee, told
them you wanted to cancel within that period and they have continued on?

I cancelled under the 30 day and haven't had any problems. I did cancel
all Direct Debits of course.

Am i close or is it just the cynic in me??

Old March 12th 08, 12:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Meggahurtz wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

I don't use then for internet. Gave them a trial for broadband and it was
rubbish and cancelled so no problem on that account. I was just hoping it was a
decent forum to ask the above questions.

Don`t tell me, you signed up to the 30 day no quibble guarantee, told
them you wanted to cancel within that period and they have continued on?

Am i close or is it just the cynic in me??

Yes they did that TOO !

In fact after I quibbled within the 30 days, and retentions said "oh you have to give
us one month's notice" so charged me for 2 whole months at the FULL rate of 25/pcm
even though I wasd told it would be 7.50 ! That's contrary to the published terms
of the trial which guarantees NO COST whatever if you cancel withing 30 days
(including installation) and they charged for me for installation too of course !

Now I FINALLY got that back but now they're simply inventing bills for my other
services. I had one their own customer support / accounts people say THEY couldn't
understand my bills either.

Yet it goes on.

They are bunch of COMPLETE LYING FRAUDULENT MORONS.

Graham

Old March 12th 08, 12:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Nick wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Nick wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

[...]

Well ... I was getting free phone calls AND the XL TV for 22.50. Now if that's what
they actually charged I'd be more than happy to pay it.

If necessary however I will simply cancel everything, probably bar the basic line
rental.

Graham

Old March 12th 08, 12:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Nick wrote:

Meggahurtz wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

I don't use then for internet. Gave them a trial for broadband and it was
rubbish and cancelled so no problem on that account. I was just hoping
it was a decent forum to ask the above questions.

Don`t tell me, you signed up to the 30 day no quibble guarantee, told
them you wanted to cancel within that period and they have continued on?

I cancelled under the 30 day and haven't had any problems. I did cancel
all Direct Debits of course.

Did you retain any services ?

Not that cancelling a Direct Debit helps you any of course other than their
access to your bank account. I did that last summer.

Graham

Old March 12th 08, 01:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick

Eeyore wrote:

Nick wrote:

Meggahurtz wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

I don't use then for internet. Gave them a trial for broadband and it was
rubbish and cancelled so no problem on that account. I was just hoping
it was a decent forum to ask the above questions.
Don`t tell me, you signed up to the 30 day no quibble guarantee, told
them you wanted to cancel within that period and they have continued on?

I cancelled under the 30 day and haven't had any problems. I did cancel
all Direct Debits of course.

Did you retain any services ?

No.

Not that cancelling a Direct Debit helps you any of course other than their
access to your bank account. I did that last summer.

What else are they going to do to me apart from take my money? If you
don't agree with their bills don't pay them.

Why don't you move to a different supplier.