SF errors

Old March 12th 08, 08:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
naza

Default SF errors

Sky have capped my line. After 3 calls, 5 emails, they asked me to
call them. I called and ask the women why they would not increase the
cap. She claimed that there were far to many problems errors on the
line. At the time I was on the phone I could not verify what she
claimed and just kept on at it. When I looked at the telnet stats
there was quite a few but I never noticed any problem with
intermittent connection or Loss of sync.

Counters Down Up

SF: 5086566 5086565
SFErr: 956 205
RS: 172943256 21617901
RSCorr: 98869 648
RSUnCorr: 7402 0

HEC: 801 136
OCD: 35 0
LCD: 0 0
Total Cells: 417667157
Data Cells: 8923384
Drop Cells: 0
Bit Errors: 0 0

ES: 544 0
SES: 1 0
UAS: 22 0
AS: 86473

INP: 1.93 1.06
PER: 1.96 1.86
delay: 8.96 8.53
OR: 28.54 30.00

Bitswap: 0 0

Total time = 1 days 1min 42sec
SF = 5086566 CRC = 956
LOS = 0 LOF = 0 ES = 544

Latest 1 day time = 1min 42sec
SF = 5959 CRC = 0
LOS = 0 LOF = 0 ES = 0

Previous 1 day time = 24hours 0sec
SF = 5080607 CRC = 956
LOS = 0 LOF = 0 ES = 544

This is on a fixed line at 2048kbps. Why is going on here.

EDIT: As I was writing this sky called up and said they would increase
the cap to 3 meg and monitor the line.
Old March 12th 08, 08:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
naza

Just to add, after resync at the higher speed of 2.4mbps, the SF
errors increased to around 7000 within 30 secs. Did exactly the same
at 2meg. What causes SF errors, can internal wiring, bad micro filters
cause it?

adslctl: ADSL driver and PHY status
Channel: INTR, Upstream rate = 416 Kbps, Downstream rate = 2400 Kbps
Link Power State: L0
Mode: G.DMT
Channel: Interleave
Trellis: ON
Line Status: No Defect
Training Status: Showtime
Down Up
SNR (dB): 6.8 13.0
Attn(dB): 53.0 31.5
Pwr(dBm): 16.5 2.3
Max(Kbps): 2688 1056
Rate (Kbps): 2400 416
G.dmt framing
K: 76(0) 14
R: 16 16
S: 2 16
D: 16 2
ADSL2 framing
MSGc: 1 1
B: 76 14
M: 2 16
T: 1 1
R: 16 16
S: 2.2077 17.0666
L: 616 120
D: 16 2
Counters
SF: 15221 15160
SFErr: 2 0
RS: 517526 64430
RSCorr: 230 0
RSUnCorr: 16 0

HEC: 2 0
OCD: 0 0
LCD: 0 0
Total Cells: 1464844 0
Data Cells: 839891 0
Drop Cells: 0
Bit Errors: 0 0

ES: 1 0
SES: 0 0
UAS: 21 0
AS: 259

INP: 1.66 1.06
PER: 1.93 1.86
delay: 8.83 8.53
OR: 28.98 30.00

Bitswap: 0 0

Total time = 4 min 48 sec
SF = 15221
CRC = 2
LOS = 0
LOF = 0
ES = 1
Latest 1 day time = 4 min 48 sec
SF = 15221
CRC = 2
LOS = 0
LOF = 0
ES = 1
Latest 15 minutes time = 4 min 48 sec
SF = 15221
CRC = 2
LOS = 0
LOF = 0
ES = 1
Previous 15 minutes time = 0 sec
SF = 0
CRC = 0
LOS = 0
LOF = 0
ES = 0
Previous 1 day time = 0 sec
SF = 0
CRC = 0
LOS = 0
LOF = 0
ES = 0
Showtime Drop Reason: 0
Last Retrain Reason: 0
#
#
Old March 12th 08, 10:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

What causes SF errors, can internal wiring, bad micro filters
cause it?

Not sure, but in the first instance, it won't do any harm by using the
test socket.

Remove the two screws from the BT faceplate, and you'll find another
socket behind that you should plug into - this should remove any
extension wiring and internal errors from the equation, and see what
the results are from that.
Old March 12th 08, 10:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Down Up
SNR (dB): 6.8 13.0
Attn(dB): 53.0 31.5

Down SNR and Attn look a bit marginal,
are you on a long line?
Old March 13th 08, 12:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Colin Wilson wrote:

What causes SF errors, can internal wiring, bad micro filters
cause it?

Not sure, but in the first instance, it won't do any harm by using the
test socket.

Remove the two screws from the BT faceplate, and you'll find another
socket behind that you should plug into - this should remove any
extension wiring and internal errors from the equation, and see what
the results are from that.

Only *IF* you have an NTE5 master socket.

Graham

Old March 13th 08, 01:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Only *IF* you have an NTE5 master socket.

Fair comment guvnor !
Old March 13th 08, 01:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Crowther

In uk.telecom.broadband, on Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:42:07, wrote:

Down Up
SNR (dB): 6.8 13.0
Attn(dB): 53.0 31.5

Down SNR and Attn look a bit marginal,
are you on a long line?

They're fine. I'm on 5db S/N and 63db attenuation (averages), and get
~4mbps - interleaved admittedly.

--
Jim Crowther
Old March 13th 08, 12:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alec

Go to:

http://www.dslzoneuk.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=24

And click on "improve your speed"