Free BT Total Broadband for up to 6 months

Old March 12th 08, 10:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Clark

Default Free BT Total Broadband for up to 6 months

A colleague received the following email and wanted my opinion on
whether it was genuine or not.

Old March 12th 08, 10:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Tim Clark wrote:
[...]

- From: To:
[...]

Yes, it's genuine. Currently only available around Birmingham and
Wolverhampton areas though so I'm out (

John

Old March 13th 08, 12:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Crowther

Old March 13th 08, 06:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Clark

Old March 13th 08, 11:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nigel Cliffe

Owain wrote:
Tim Clark wrote:
These are some key features which impressed me:
- "PP6 MLB1 Orion Building, Adastral Park" is a very plausible
address. It doesn't appear in Google, though "MLB1 Orion Building"
does, and there is a group "PP6" at Adastral Park, though never
mentioned in the context of the Orion Building. That's very
convincing.

PP6 is probably Postal Point 6, an internal maildrop, and PP6 in MLB1
is probably different to PP6 in another building. It could well have
been created especially for the promotion.

Owain is correct.
Its an internal post address within the building, and other buildings may
well have a PP6.
The address is consistent with the bit of the building where the folks who
run modest restricted trials work.

- Nigel (ex BT employee who worked in the Orion Building )

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/